How to clean a dynaudio soft dome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
accidents tends to happen all of a sudden and if you spilled something on your dome, you might want to know how to get it off , whithout doing more harm.
So if you coated it with the wrong coating it might clean off.
Textile domes or "silk" domes are rather sensitive to cleaning.

The LT50 is a woofer coating. I have a slightly different version of it. Pretty good. I just use it on paper woofers though. It also makes those water resistant.
The dynaudio mids and tweeters I am sure isn't coated with anything that is water soluble years after its been released into the world.
I am going to try my usual paper and blowing it out. Let me post pics and results ... as well as the opened up pics of the mid.
Cool.
Srinath.

Pics here

Pics here.
Thanks.
Srinath.

Attachments

• IMG_6033.JPG
    IMG_6033.JPG
    684.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6034.JPG
    IMG_6034.JPG
    653.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_6035.JPG
    IMG_6035.JPG
    718.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_6036.JPG
    IMG_6036.JPG
    774.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6037.JPG
    IMG_6037.JPG
    544 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6038.JPG
    IMG_6038.JPG
    830.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6039.JPG
    IMG_6039.JPG
    597.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6040.JPG
    IMG_6040.JPG
    761.4 KB · Views: 62
This one didn't look too much different from the others, but I got some that look more shiny, like a freshly shined up boot. But there is a few that look just like this, and they probably did not get wet. This one likely got wet, the white deposit on the thing on the edge was much worse before I cleaned it.

Cool.
Srinath.

They are MD140/142 dynaudio's. I also have MD100 tweeters. I got lots of em, over 20. Got em as a bunch from someone who was getting rid of stuff, No clue, but wont surprise me at all, they had those clip things which is uncommon in house (though B&W uses things like that).
That one was rubbing the vc. The water damage was secondary IMHO. Figured I had nothing to lose. I am going to re fit it with ferrofluid once that shows up. Hope I can align the VC just like a woofer and have it be fine.

Cool.
Srinath.

I picked up lots of crap from this guy. Finally something decent ... I never paid much for anything, but the sheer volume of DOA crap was unbelieveable. Lots of time and treasure spent trying to fix stuff I have no clue how and what had happened to it ...
Anyway I hope its useable in my speaker to be built.
Cool.
Srinath.

All of em ... LOL. I plan on atleast a couple builds. I have 6 of these including the dissected one. The rest are md100's. I have a small box full ... 16-17 depending on if the busted circuit board on the back is a real issue or not. There is actually few of those with a lot of dust ... but I plan on a 2 tweeter set cos its 4 ohm in the speaker. I may have a few of these left over ...
Why you want to send some more my way ??? these are after all from Denmark. Dont they grow over there ...
Cool.
Srinath.

Aaaaah

Cool
Not like that they dont

No you just plant em in the ground and water ... they grow but they are upside down. You get them as soon as they bloom, its a tweeter. Wait and that becomes the mid. If you wait another 2 months its becomes a woofer. But we dont have patience, and the woofers are not as good as regular woofers. So we just get mids and tweeters.
Cool.
Srinath.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.