How to clean a dynaudio soft dome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was gonna say VW, that guy was a big VW nut, not to mention he had a diesel VW passat or one of em new VW's. But Vovo also had dynaudio. Vovo - that middle L is silent around here. VO-VO. My neighbor had one a few yrs ago. I should have looked in the thing.

Cool.
Srinath.

Yup

srinath
yep, much to scavenge in german/swedish automobiles :)

I managed to find dynaudio (I think) woofers at my mechanic on a shelf that apparently his son collected out of junked cars ... but they have been rained on a plenty and have a bit of dust and rust and water damage. He had no idea what that came out of. I looked it up and it looked like a 8" dynaudio mw180 or 182 or some like that. So ... "the blot sickens"

Back to cleaning them - I have tried alcohol swabs on some of the worst ones. The coating isn't coming off ... so that's the good news, however it also was not getting clean.
I almost think dry paper towel is the best. It seems to replace the dust with fibers of paper. Then a good hard blow out, causes the paper to fly away ... but the dust itself isn't getting blown away without the paper (atleast not with my lungs doing the blowing).
Cotton anything, tends to leave clumps of fibers on the dome. Far worse than paper with a lot less force, and therefore its not as "cleaning"

Cool.
Srinath.

They dont feel sticky to touch.
I am not looking for them, my mechanic had a shelf rack full of it. Just by accident, and they are nearly all junk. Paper that has been rained on ... these may have survived ... That's why I got em. He was going to toss em all ...

Cool.
Srinath.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.