A liltle modification to a cross over to boost the woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I have a 3 way speakers with a crossover like this
i would like to enhance the woofer .
which mod do you suggest to do with the crossover ?
thanks have a great weekend .

Attachments

• JENSEN SYSTEM 500  CROSSOVER.jpg
    JENSEN SYSTEM 500 CROSSOVER.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 487

Attachments

• Baffle-Step-Correction-Circuit.png
    Baffle-Step-Correction-Circuit.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 458
Could you add a passive radiator on the back or try to make a custom grill made from wood with just a slot that 3in wide by 7 to 9 in long to load the woofer I tried it on my woofer box which is also a three way and I get more bass output the grill should be about 3in above the woofer to clear xmax

The simplest way to get what you want is to add some series resistance to the mid and tweeter before the xo. Probably 1 to 3 ohms. Xo slopes may be altered a bit as previously mentioned but if the series resistance stays small, so too will any other changes.

Unless you have measuring capabilities, you have to just work by ear. Start by adding the same amount of resistance to both the mid and tweeter and then adjust to suit your tastes. Do you know how combining resistors in series and parallel work?

The simplest way to get what you want is to add some series resistance to the mid and tweeter before the xo. Probably 1 to 3 ohms. Xo slopes may be altered a bit as previously mentioned but if the series resistance stays small, so too will any other changes.

Unless you have measuring capabilities, you have to just work by ear. Start by adding the same amount of resistance to both the mid and tweeter and then adjust to suit your tastes. Do you know how combining resistors in series and parallel work?
thats the place to put resistor ?

Attachments

• CO 500.jpg
    CO 500.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 245
the woofer is 12" like this .
the speakers box is 75 liter sealed . right now i dont want to port the box
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ds315-8-12-designer-series-woofer-speaker--295-434
overall I am satisfied with the bass performance
but i would like to give the woofer a little boost ( more power ) for greater bass response .
speakerdoctor
Do you mean a circuit like this ?
the LPF has a 1.8mH which resistor should I place (Rbsc)

Yes, that's the BSC circuit. The web has calculators that will find the mH and ohms values needed for you to get the BSC you need.

WhiteRhino, I was assuming that with a 3-way, you'd have the lower xo somewhere close to the baffle step point but I can see now that's not the case. That 1st order xo is way too high for that woofer (especially when you look at the lower mid droop and the 2kHz resonance peak) so my resistor solution is not going to work. I'm in agreement with sreten, you really need to re-do the xo.

What are the other drivers?
What are the box dimensions and driver locations?
What is the net box volume for the mid? Also sealed?
Have you done any edge treatment?
Can you post a simple diagram?
Are you willing to re-do the xo?
Do you have any other xo parts on hand? If so, what are they?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.