System Pictures & Description

Big Thanks !!

borys - the base / plinths and footers are tidy work as well - details on those?

Base is made of thwo aluminium sheets sandwitched with 6mm MDF board.
Next time I am going to glue aluminium sheet -- plexi glass -- copper sheet, and I will put some LED's to make them glowig nicely.
The 4 legs are made form hydraulic tappets from VW diesel engine :D

I must say those RSS265 are eating the current nicely, 300W is really not enough :(

Regards

Joined 2000
Paid Member
My new 3-ways. Vifa tweeter, Hi-Vi mid-bass and Tymphany woofers (formerly Vifa).
Used passive components that I had available. Crossover at 600/2900. The tweeter section is 12 db slope.
Will eventually tri-amp.

Attachments

• b2p01.jpg
    b2p01.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 2,403
  • b2p02.jpg
    b2p02.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 2,355
  • b2p03.jpg
    b2p03.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 2,206
  • b2p04.jpg
    b2p04.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,142
Got the open baffles set up

almost done, they sound awesome, just gotta button up the electronics and I'll be able to sit back and enjoy. :)
Aurum Cantus G1 Ribbons, PRV 15w 800A woofers and Dayton 12" subs.
36" wide by 42" high Baffle.

Attachments

• Speakers2.jpg
    Speakers2.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 2,154
  • Backside.jpg
    Backside.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 813
Last edited:
almost done, they sound awesome, just gotta button up the electronics and I'll be able to sit back and enjoy. :)
Aurum Cantus G1 Ribbons, PRV 15w 800A woofers and Dayton 12" subs.
36" wide by 42" high Baffle.

I'd be concerned that horizontal mounting of the ribbon tweeters may cause the ribbons to sag and potentially rest on the lower magnet. Kinda like the short from DH cathodes to the plates of a 5U4 if operated on it's side in the wrong plane.

Zaph ZD5

Hi

Here are my Zaph ZD5 standmounts. I am using a 12 litre cabinet tuned to 44 Hz, close to Troels' Ellam XT cabinet volume, but I am using ZD5 crossovers, front panel dimensions and speaker unit placement.

The cabinets are made from multiple horizontal layers of plywood, cut and sanded by hand. Yes - that's lots of sanding:) There are internal bracings in three of the "layers".

The front baffle is MDF, made using a router. Top, bottom and front is matte white. Sides and rear is untreated plywood.

They are dampened using "akutstilux" and Gladen Aero-multi mats on internal panels

Sounds very good! Might experiment with changing R0 from 5 ohms to 6 or 7 ohms to play with tweeter upper levels - time will show what sounds best in this room:)

-FH

Attachments

• Optimized-1.JPG
    Optimized-1.JPG
    778.5 KB · Views: 2,094
  • Optimized-2.JPG
    Optimized-2.JPG
    776.6 KB · Views: 912
  • Optimized-DSC_0120.JPG
    Optimized-DSC_0120.JPG
    691.1 KB · Views: 844
  • Optimized-DSC_0122.JPG
    Optimized-DSC_0122.JPG
    792.1 KB · Views: 547
  • Optimized-DSC_0125.JPG
    Optimized-DSC_0125.JPG
    613.4 KB · Views: 551
Something a little different.

Hi all, I haven't posted anything for a while but have still been playing with my little projects.

I'm always thinking and always imagining how I can do something that's a little different to the norm.

Anyhoo whilst out shopping last week I found some bamboo vases. They weren't pricey so I picked up a couple. When I got them home I decided they wouldn't really do the job I wanted BUT their big brothers might so I went back in the week and picked them up as well :)

Well the sun has been shining today and a lovely pleasant day has been enjoyed down the shed. Taddah!

image_zpsl7eyclxc.jpeg

image_zpsszrsfpub.jpeg

image_zpsiwk3nz1x.jpeg

They sound rather nice considering the woofers are from an old B and O speaker and the tweeter from a throw away computer desktop speaker. I've also used the crossover from the B and Os.

The legs need a little reinforcing as the case for the bottom pod isn't that thick. No stuffing yet and I might try a rear port though these can only go to improve
on what is already a quite decent sound.

Part Two

Well it's been raining today so a second day down the shed was out of the question, I'm not saying I didn't want to work in the shed, I'd love to, but I can't fit so the work goes on in the garden. Anyhow as I was home alone the living room doubled up as a workroom and the project got finished :)

Anyway the second speaker is done and a test run given on the main system. Damn they play well and loud! Jeez I'd only turned them up to 50% on the volume and my ears were bleeding:) the bass is deep (I don't have test stuff and I'm not really interested in all the techie stuff) and the highs are singing through.

Anyway they are now upstairs in the spare room and though not as loud they are a big improvement on the little Panasonics that were up there.

Anyway a couple of pics of the finished pair.

image_zpsbkkegiaz.jpeg

image_zps3wlvwjjo.jpeg

I'm pleased and a project that has worked.

Hi

Here are my Zaph ZD5 standmounts. I am using a 12 litre cabinet tuned to 44 Hz, close to Troels' Ellam XT cabinet volume, but I am using ZD5 crossovers, front panel dimensions and speaker unit placement.

The cabinets are made from multiple horizontal layers of plywood, cut and sanded by hand. Yes - that's lots of sanding:) There are internal bracings in three of the "layers".

The front baffle is MDF, made using a router. Top, bottom and front is matte white. Sides and rear is untreated plywood.

They are dampened using "akutstilux" and Gladen Aero-multi mats on internal panels

Sounds very good! Might experiment with changing R0 from 5 ohms to 6 or 7 ohms to play with tweeter upper levels - time will show what sounds best in this room:)

-FH
E
Very, very nice. Quality build.