Best Nearfield DIY speaker for PC listening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've seen this discussion a few times around here, what I'd imagine is the best you'll get is a pair of nice full rangers, like the CHP-70 which has a really nice price on Madisound.

There's a thread with some interesting and small enclosures, too.

you have always been my saviour....my last project because of you is done now...3 way active speaker and so far enjoying it the most....

i am still looking for ideas and see whats the other have to recomend...

Ambiophonics.

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

I was wondering about the results of the new MA 12P myself for desktop monitors

Alas, after becoming available for the last 6 weeks or so--crickets on that one. The speakers can be as tall as my computer monitor and fairly deep so might fit. They run about $275 a pair so worth a look as they are in your price range.

can you give some example

Like the Kef IQ series where the tweeter is mounted in the throat of the midbass driver.

Meh, I still like the fullrange idea. I've had a pair of overnight sensations on my desk for a while, but I'm going to convert over to fullrangers once I get off my duff and finish a few other projects I've got cooking.

Attachments

• KEF-IQ30-0.jpg
    KEF-IQ30-0.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 779

Attachments

• IMG_0508X.jpg
    IMG_0508X.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 720
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.