love and respect for all of the great minds here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
YFhjb.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately many other experts don't come here - or anywhere. I once asked Floyd Toole if he ever visits forums and he said "No". I asked him why, and he responded that people just attack you when you actually are an expert, so what's the point? I truly sympathize with him.

DIY is the only place that I have found that is even civil, and its not always that respectful here!

WEll, - there are experts that truly knows what they are doing, - and there are experts that don't have clue... sometimes the latter seems to be in majority... the problem is all the urban myths and mumbo jumbo that has crept into audio during the lst couple of decades....
Otherwise , I do agree - this is absolutely among the few of the better places to be :)

Unfortunately many other experts don't come here - or anywhere. I once asked Floyd Toole if he ever visits forums and he said "No". I asked him why, and he responded that people just attack you when you actually are an expert, so what's the point? I truly sympathize with him.

DIY is the only place that I have found that is even civil, and its not always that respectful here!
Now now Dr. Geddes we love you here.I know I do. Toole? I seriously doubt he would get too much flack from all but a very few completely unschooled. And yes I do believe that there is a lot more to be discovered about the nature of distortion and perception of such if that is your reference, but as the title reads I much appreciate you and all the others here both degreed as you, are and non degreed as is Tom Danley, who contribute to this. There are so many many more. This is after all physics and if ws have learned one thing since Newton, it is that the apple never fell and is still falling.

Personal sacrifice to abuse from total strangers for their own questionable benefit? Sounds more like masochism. I've seen the same vehement arguments online for nearly a generation now. Perhaps life's too short.

The math is simple, imo. The thousands of people may benefit from
one's own engagement for the small price of being misunderstood
by a dozen who don't think much of it.

I agree the life is too short, but only on this planet:).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.