The food thread

Dinner tonight... Lentil salad with fennel and cucumbers. Tomatoes with pesto and fresh mozzarella. Good bread. Corn. A few hard boiled eggs thrown in.

Like most things it matters where, when, and with who more then what.

Attachments

• DSC02569.JPG
    DSC02569.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02570.JPG
    DSC02570.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC02571.JPG
    DSC02571.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 67
I'll stick with

Same here, got plenty of backyard to use my outdoor multi-ring wok burner (3ft high tripod stand) safely in.

Couple of years from now, I'll kick my son out of the house with an education paper, after which I'll be doing the heavy frying on a tropical porch 9 months of the year. Domestic gas is delivered in cylinders there anyway.

(Provided it's not during twilight time, in particular the last months of the hurricane season. The local Praga, a biting midge type, is one H of a vicious creature during those hours)

I'll kick my son out of the house with an education paper,

Been there, but it cost me dearly to the tune of $600K. Too bad Curaçao didn’t work out as a retirement option, I still remember the lobster club sandwich at $6. The wine scene has gotten very silly, one could do worse that sit down with one of these and a goofy tropical cocktail.

Last edited:
Been there

My kid's brightness made me revise my view towards intelligence as a selection criterium for relationships.

(Left or right, life never goes as planned. Playing dominoes Caribbean-style with my friends plus scotch/club-soda at the Caracas bay marina in the Spanish water isn't half bad, though I'm not sure how long I'll last doing that 3-4 times a week. We'll see in about 3 years from now)

Last edited:
We have had more then our share of rain this month...too bad we can't send it your way. This weather is a bit scary...

You need what I want to call an Italian kitchen...growing up some of our Italian friends had a second kitchen in the garage or on a covered porch. We always knew to show up Sundays after church time for a meal...all invited.