The food thread

Only.

We call it barely cooking.

Attachments

• Durian and Cal.jpeg
    Durian and Cal.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 113
Nice durian, we rarely get them here.

Here a few pix from lunch yesterday, Insalata Caprese Buffalo, dark bread with smoked Sockeye and some scallops done with butter.
You see also my complete garden, thats the basil plant, since we have no garden and no balcony

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 100
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 131
Dinner was really simple, done within 20 Min.
Wagyusteak, rare, just salt and pepper, some buttered carrots and minipotatoes and italian red chicoree, downside roasted in olive oil and added a vinaigrette based on olive oil and balsamico.

Beef was exciting ( i got it with 80% Discount in sold out, normally 1 kilo here is 360.- CHF, thats apx 400 $) , the other things were also exciting, the wine was Pomerol Nenin, was good but did not meet our expectation.

Actually 'Pork Bungs' as they are called here are readily available at the local market but I admit I haven't yet been that adventurous. I think even the testis or uteri sound appealing in comparison.

I do eat a lot of pork tongue though. Makes an awesome pate, or as I am having for lunch today, a soured tongue simmered in water, vinegar, salt and chilies. Sliced and put on crackers or in a sandwich.

Attachments

• DSCN1804.jpg
    DSCN1804.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 87
Secret Women's Business....

I do eat a lot of pork tongue though.
Yup, I grew up on that among other bits regarded as 'offal' by the standard Aussie.
Ox (beef) tongue served sliced with gravy, mashed potatoes and veges goes down well.
Lamb's hearts stuffed with parsley and apple and served with gravy and mashed potatoes was another of my mum's dishes.
My Danish mum is staying for a month...time to write down some of her recipes.
My Danish ex is also staying for a month...ditto.
I predict that my BMI is about to change :eek:.

Dan.

Cal, glad you enjoy my participation, i did not realise before this thread and it took me some time to read the whole thing next working, but maybe there is maybe a chance for exchange of some recipes.

Jacco, this not diet what i do ;)
But my weight scaler shows me i have the perfect weight of an aircraft carrier vessel.

Yesterday we had a gazpacho first and then some spareribs and cucumber salad and bread.

Gazpacho i did some Tomatoes, 1 Peperoni, 1 Onion, 1 Chillie long, 1 tbs honey, 2 tbs Vinegar Sherry Jerez, salt, pepper and just a bit of smoked habanero powder, mixed it up, cool down 3 hours, add 1tbs yoghourt nature and green onion rings.

Salad dressing some Olive oil, Balsamico Blanco, Sherry Vinegar, Mustache Dijon Ancienne, caraway seed and severeal pepper, curing 2 hours.

Ribs just a rub of several powder like coriander, cumin, fenugreek, pepper, moustache, garlic and ginger, cured for 24 h, and then 4 hours in the oven.

Today is no time for cooking, just eat what we have in the fridge.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    958.4 KB · Views: 67