The food thread

As they say, whatever you have someone has more. I gather but don't really know that these are generally one offs running $150,000 plus and much to the chagrin of a Boston restaurant that recently installed one comes in one piece.

Attachments

• molteni.jpg
    molteni.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 93
As they say, whatever you have someone has more.

All bespoke.

Just think of the money saved on the gym by constantly running from one side to the other. Real chefs have a slave apprentice.

(my island with integrated sinks sizes 7.5' x 4' , half the time I'm too lazy to walk and burn off the hair on my arm by reaching across to the water tap)

Way less pretty, but much more practical at home.

7 burners including a big one for a wok, fry top that also serves as a hot area for parking cooking pots like the center of mr Wurcer's molteni, grill plate, two ovens below with grill function, dish washer at work height on the left.

(other side of the kitchen has a built-in microwave with storage underneith, three fridges, and a second work island, all-ss as well)

Attachments

• js.jpg
    js.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 72
Last couple of years there've been wok burner developments which center the flame/heat with help of a venturi-shaped outer ring.

A manufacturer here claims 50% reduction in gas consumption as an added bonus of their wok burner.
Their current 2-flame/ring model does a nominal 30.000BTU, with a 6'' diameter of the outer ring.
If they were to decide to do a 3-flame model, there'd be the possibility to have a wok burner in a domestic gas range, with a 12'' diameter total footprint and an effective power that's comparable with regular burners of over 100.000BTU.

Last edited: