John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Had i grown up between rice paper walls, 10ft apart, i'd likely get all soggy in my pants by witnessing Mr Takushi.
(or not)

There are many different persuasions with that upbringing though.

Attachments

• TOKYO_YANKEES.jpg
    TOKYO_YANKEES.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 247
OK if you want to talk about government conspiracies that at least involve audio...Talk about what the outcome was from the MIG25 that defected to Japan in the mid 70's and what the US and allies learned!

They learned how to make a stereo that would survive an EMP event. That way, even though all the power infrastructure for several hundred miles in every direction was toasted, every modern car rendered useless, no power, no water, no surviving humans, at least the stereo still woiks..

jn

Hi,

They learned how to make a stereo that would survive an EMP event. That way, even though all the power infrastructure for several hundred miles in every direction was toasted, every modern car rendered useless, no power, no water, no surviving humans, at least the stereo still woiks..

You have to have priorities!

Ciao T

Hi,

OK if you want to talk about government conspiracies that at least involve audio...

Start with Telefunken's work for the Nazi's to make electromechanical means to amplify and transmit "the hypnotism in the Führers voice" which was completed in time for the 1936 Olympics. Continue with the observation that key technologies and people where "paperclipped" to the US where they ended up in a project called MK Ultra...

All about a specific kind of fidelity...

Ciao T

The LP's would all be toast.:(

I don't believe the vinyl has sufficient conductivity to flashover in the event of a pulse, so I believe they would be good.

I suspect however, that any 78 player which was in an unwound condition during the event would find the main spring is dead due to loop trapping, whereas the wound ones would be playable until the spring wound down, the crank assembly would probably be welded frozen.

Luckily, my weight driven wooden gear clock would still be able to tell time accurately. The mantle clock... DOA..

jn

Status
Not open for further replies.