• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heat sinks from Conrad Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Planning to buy 10 heat sinks from Conrad Heatsinks in Australia.

Anybody interested in sharing shipping costs ?

I am not in a hurry and I consider to ship these by Aus. Sea Freight 10 - 12 weeks

Total costs for 10pcs M-35-151 (including freight) will be AU$ 525.21 which means AU$ 52.52 net each (excluding VAT/MVA/MOMS).

If somebody else would like to share freight with me, or buy some of the heat sinks from me: give me a hint ( - a PM)

At least 4pcs of these heat sinks will be for my own purpose. The rest, 6 pcs could be sold to others of you.

I plan to order "subchassis" including front and rear panels from HiFi2000 and to mount these heat sinks on that.

(Could be a good solution for the Krell KSA 50/100 clone)

This could also be an order to share if it is of interest.

The heat sinks will have a K-value of ca 0.1 (e.g. 2 pcs in a chassis) which means they could handle 300-400W of power dissipation (ca 30-40°C temp. rise above ambient)

I live in Norway so you have to live some place in EF/Scandinavia/Norway

Regards

I'm using these heatsinks in an Aleph30. When corrected for ambient room temp with a correction factor of 1.4, the c/w comes out to .295 per heatsink. 100 watts is about the max per heatsink.

At 100 watts per heatsink they run at about 58 degrees C.

Aussie post shipping costs for 4 were $15usd and they took about a month to get here. I couldn't ship them within the US for that price.

BTW, the quality is great. You will like them alot. I'd consider the power level your'e thinking they can dissipate.

Good luck,

-David

Wow, this could be a beneficial trade option

analogair
might be in for 16 pieces of MF-35-151.5

thank you for your interests in this GB. Now this GB has raised to 26 pcs of those M35-151.5 heat sinks. This will reach the 25% rebate level for those sinks. Which means they are now down at AU$ 40.02 each (53.36 x 0.75). This is very good. Prices in US$ will then be ca 28.8 each (=EUR23.80=191NOK ca)

analogair, have you thought anything of the freight? If shipping the sinks by Aus. Sea Freight 10 - 12 weeks it will be cheapest for us but it also means we had to wait for a while before we could get them here in Scandinavia.

I would like to suggest that when ordering those sinks they should be shipped in two package: the one package with your sinks to Denmark and the other package to me in Norway. Then we will not have any problem with the customs (Tax/VAT/MVA).

Let me know what you think. If need be just send me a PM

Im planing to use these sinks for my KRELL-clone projects (5 mono blocks at 80-100W each and a chassis with two sinks each). Planing to let Hi-Fi2000 make the sub-chassis (front and rear panels including ventilated top and bottom plates). Could this be of an interests for you?

Regards :cool:

I dont mind

Hi Kev
They could be shipped directly to you from AU. You pay same price as us for each heat sink. I would like to come back to you later to verify exact price including the shipping and handling.

Note: all payment must be done by me to Conrads to receive the rebate. I would like to ship all heat sinks by surface (boat), but if any of you would like to choose alternative shipping (air) then you must pay extra for your alternative (but same price as us for sinks.)

I would like to order the sinks next week if everything goes our way. Could it be a realistic time to order?

We have so far orders for 30 pcs if you still are interested :D . Anybody else interested ? Could we reach the 50pcs price brakes ? Then it would be a real super bargain :D :D .

Flodstroem

Since this GP really seems to be getting a lot of interest, would you mind waiting just a bit further than next week. Perhaps two weeks or so. I know you must be very eager to get further with your project, but this could potentially give us all more rebate.
I think we potentially might up to around 60-100 pieces of Conrad Heatsink: MF-35-151.5
What are the breaking/number for different rebate's ?

I would prefer shipment by surface (freight-ship). Cheaper.

Just for info, if anyone else could be interested, here's the link to Conrad Heatsinks:
http://www.conradheatsinks.com/products/conrad-catalogue-05.pdf

No problem waiting a week or more

analogair:
Since this GP really seems to be getting a lot of interest, would you mind waiting just a bit further than next week. Perhaps two weeks or so. I know you must be very eager to get further with your project, but this could potentially give us all more rebate.
I think we potentially might up to around 60-100 pieces of Conrad Heatsink: MF-35-151.5
What are the breaking/number for different rebate's ?

I have a lot of work to do by by making drawings for the chassis to fit with those heat sinks. Then it will probably take a month or so for the hifi2000 to make those sub chassis for me. In the mean time there will be a lot of work with the amp, (delay + VU + DC protection circuits)
I will need the sinks in June or July. Im not in a hurry for those sinks by now.

Conrad Heat Sinks says its next price break will be at 50+ pcs:
50+ pieces: wholesale rates apply - prices on request
I dont know how much is the rebate but if it looks like we should pass this 50 pcs break I will contact them and try to get best possible deal. I dont think there is any more price breaks more than this 50+. all bigger orders will be for a wholesale rates. :drink:

Kev! In what way do you want your sinks shipped? Have you thought of it?

Thanks analogair for thinking of and posting the Conrads web-link.

Re: No problem waiting a week or more

Flodstroem said:
analogair:

Kev! In what way do you want your sinks shipped? Have you thought of it?

Any idea of the price diference between surface and air for these? otherwise a 4 week delivery is fine by me. I will be building a tri-amp Aleph 30 monoblock pair, trioblock? :xeye: I've plenty to keep me busy for a few weeks.

Kev

Kev,

You could have an idea for shipping charge differences by looking at the answer from Conrads when I got a price quotation for 8 pcs of the M-18 sinks:

Costs in AUD (EUR approx.) with a choice of delivery options would be:

MF18-151.5 x 8 @ 35.09 ea. 280.72 (174.05)
Delivery (Aus. Sea Freight 10 - 12 weeks) 19.50 (12.09)
Delivery (Aus. Post Economy Air 2-6 weeks) 62.83 (38.95)
Delivery (FedEx 3-4 working days) 109.50 (67.89)

4 Sinks ok, chassis, well ...........

Hi steenoe
Any chance to see a preliminary picture of what you have in mind for the chassis?

Yes, but Im not an expert to make mechanical drawings. I shall try to post some pics in a few days or so. This is a little bit complicated though I plan to let Conrads make/ pre-drill all holes included the threads for easy fastening of the sub-chassis to the sinks. The most complicated is how to mount front plate to the sinks/chassis, here I will try to get some tip from hifi2000.

I plan to build mono blocks incorporating two of those heat sinks. I will have the pos. rail on one of those sinks and the neg. rail on the other sink I must decide how to mount all the To-3 MJ15003/4-transistors (total of 2 x 8 for each mono block). The chassis should have double bottoms to let hide all leads and connections and some PCB´s. Two of the mono blocks will have VU-meters at the front panel (a very un-Krelled design). More of those details will come later when I have received the sinks and chassis.

I count on your 4 heat sinks steenoe (total interests for the M-35-151 so far: 36 pcs).

I am a good friend of Julian Wales, the owner of Conrad Heatsinks. We often do coffee on Sunday mornings and discuss Jaguars (he likes them much more than I do, owned a V12 for years, and now drives a lowly 318i BMW with lamentably poor torque!!)

I use his heatsinks in all my kit amplifiers. They are magnificent, inexpensive by comparison with extruded sinks, and come with a ledge cast on which makes it very easy to mount amplifier modules without thermal penalty.

Flodstroem, the MF18 you are using is unique. When you have it in your hands, you will see why. The tips of the fins are only 1.5mm thick and exquisitely fine; this is an incredible achievement for an Al casting. With a 120mm x 120mm fan at half voltage, turning around 1500 rpm, I once dissipated 175W of heat from five mosfets with only 27C rise above ambient using just one MF18-200; this is an exceptional heatsink, as suited to cooling oil from an internal combustion engine as it is to electronics!

Cheers,

Hugh

Yea I know it is DiY but.....

steenoe:
BTW dont be afraid of drilling and tapping a few holes yourself. Its actually pretty easy. Its DIY, you know

My problem is time and also I dont have the tools for to make professional good looking works in Alu.

You can probably have them shipped together with Analogair's. I am sure we can arrange the distribution or a handover.

This is good to hear. It makes things easier and your sinks cheaper.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.