• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heat sinks from Conrad Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
100W chassis (2 Conrads).

Hi
This is an overview of the chassis from topside. Very simple drawing. Two Conrads MF-35-151. One on each side of chassis (one for Pos rail. and the other for Neg. rail). My intention is to use MJ15003/4 for my design. Front panel is 10mm. This drawing shows an included VU-meter at the front panel.

Rear panel will be punched for all in/out connectors including all fuse-holders and switches (bal/unbal, VU: 0dB/-10dB) I could post pictures for rear panel if you want.
Chassis will be build with two ventilated bottoms, one inner and one outer bottom plate. Its purpose is to hide all cables inside the amp, all screws, also hiding some small PCBs for VU, soft start and DC-protection circuits). :D

Attachments

• ksa100 chassis.jpg
    ksa100 chassis.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 762
Rear Panel:

This is v-1.0 of the rear panel (do dimensions yet) only panel will be approx. 300 mm wide and 151 mm high.
All panels, top and bottoms will be black anodize in color. Rear, top and bottoms should also be punched for ventilation holes. Material would be 2-2,5 mm Alu plate I think. (have problem to upload pictures)

Attachments

• rear panel v 1.png
    rear panel v 1.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 696
Ship direct to US?

Is it possible to order these heatsinks at the discounted price in this GB and have them shipped directly to the United States at the "Sea Freight" shipping rate mentioned above? If so, I would like to order four of them.

Please let me know!

Tom

Wow, order has past the 50+ price break...........

This seems to be a really good deal. The 50+ price break has been passed and I dont know yet what would be the new price (<50 pcs was AUD 40.02).

To all of you wandering, You should pay me for your total pcs of heat sink ordered and actual shipping costs to your specified address. Heat sinks must not be shipped to me in the first, it will be shipped direct to you.

I prefer payments by PayPal, otherwise you must pay by a wire/net transfer ore something like that. Be aware of the 3% fee if paying me by PatPal.

I would like to order the sinks in the middle of April if everybody who join us has payed there parts. I would like to try to e-mail payment instruction a week before that, so you dont had to do anything before that.

thank you tommak and rebojorge for joining us in this GB. totals so far shows order for at least 56 pcs. ;)

Regards :cool:

Zip/postal codes needed

Important GB information:

To all of you joining this GB for Conrads heat sinks: I need your zip/postal code for to get a discounted shipping quotation from Conrads to your home address. When I have received your zips I can also give you the option to choose between Sea freight or Air freight when paying your share of total order of heat sinks. :scratch2:

When all of you who wants to join this GB has payed I will place the order to Conrads not later than the 15th of April. Anybody who have not responded to this GB by now, but find out they want to join us could e-mail me and pay before this date.:yes: :no: :yes:

When I have received your zip codes I will post a list in this thread so you could choose shipping options, also I will post my PayPal name so you could easily pay sinks and your specified freight.

If someone wants to share the freight to somebody you must specify shipping address for the two batches of heat sinks.

If any further question: e-mail me

Ragards :cool:

Re: 100W chassis (2 Conrads).

Flodstroem said:
Hi
This is an overview of the chassis from topside. Very simple drawing. Two Conrads MF-35-151. One on each side of chassis (one for Pos rail. and the other for Neg. rail). My intention is to use MJ15003/4 for my design. Front panel is 10mm. This drawing shows an included VU-meter at the front panel.

Rear panel will be punched for all in/out connectors including all fuse-holders and switches (bal/unbal, VU: 0dB/-10dB) I could post pictures for rear panel if you want.
Chassis will be build with two ventilated bottoms, one inner and one outer bottom plate. Its purpose is to hide all cables inside the amp, all screws, also hiding some small PCBs for VU, soft start and DC-protection circuits). :D

Just FYI... I've created an aluminum box for an Aleph30 for a pair of Conrad Heatsinks. The results were great.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70622

-David

I have put you on my list (4+4 pcs)

JoshK:
'd like to get in on this GB for 4 of the heatsinks. Is there a wiki? My zip is 07307

jimbo1968:
same here.

Thank you for your interests in this GB.
Regarding shipping: I shall post a list next week. It contains two shipping options. Look at it and PayPal for your choice.

reverber:
Any word on the final price (after the magic threshold of fifty was reached)?

Shipping is going to be cheaper. Awaiting a quotation from the Conrads regarding if there will be any better discount than the 25% we have got already.

dw8083:
Just FYI... I've created an aluminum box for an Aleph30 for a pair of Conrad Heatsinks. The results were great.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...&threadid=70622

Oh yes! Beautiful chassis and nice heat sinks Congrats dw8083 to an excellent DiY-amp.
I also looking forward to receice those Conrads.

There is no wiki yet. Dont know if I can make a Wiki, I will try it, (think we have orders for 90 pcs by now)

Time to pay for heat sinks

Hello
all of you members who ordered the Conrads heat sinks

Now we have come to the last step for to get our hands on those Conrads heat sinks.

Sinks will be shipped as soon as you have made the purchase.

Shipping prices (including options), tot price for your batch of sinks including payment instruction is to be found here:

Attachments

• pay conrads.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 131
Question

Hello folks:
I am planning on making an Aleph X with low power outputs. something in the 10 to 15 watt range. The bias will be in the 1.5 amp range. Rail voltage will also be quite low.
Is this heatsink going to be the correct size for me. I am not sure exactly how to figure out the sizing.
four transistors total
Please be nice I are a rooky

Re: Hello SCD

Flodstroem said:
SCD:

If you could tell us what is maximum rail (= DC ) voltage you are going to use to that 1.5A DC bias, then we could answer your question.

I got this.. HIs amps are going to be. >

Voltage after the rectifier 12.0 V
Voltage at the Fets 24.0 V
Bias 1.5 A
Ac current gain 55%
Number of fets 4
Peak current 1.67 A

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Might be to big, but......

Hi SCD and jleaman

Those Conrads (# MF-35-151) has a dissipation factor of 0.21°K/W and it means if the dissipating power is 72 W as a maximum, one of those sinks will rise in temperature by 0.21 x 72 = 15.1° K (C) above ambient. If ambient is 25°C heat sink temp. will be ca 40-41°C.

This is a rather moderate temp. rise and indicate the sink would be a little bit "overkill". If building a stereo amp. using two of those sinks will yield a class-A amp running very cold compared to traditional ones.

But, if you later come to the conclusion that this output power was to low for you and would like to rise output power to say, 25-30W, then those (GB-) Conrads would fit perfectly.

Its finally up to you to decide if this is what you want or you could buy a smaller type heat sink making total costs for the amp lower.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.