• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heat sinks from Conrad Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Tracking inquiry

Flodstroem said:
Hello!

Tracking inquiry should be made at your local (national) Postal Services, for example like the USPS in the USA, or what ever the name would be of your local postal services (here in Norway it is "Posten Norge")

There you will find the date of package-arrival and other relevant information.

If you dont find any information of your package, please let me know by a PM or an e-mail directly to my address: ramon.flodstrom@knett.no.

I would also take the opportunity to thank you all for joining and making this GB possible, -Thanks a lot all of you!

Best Regards :cool:

What company did you use to ship them out with ? USPS ?

I picked up my heatsinks from the PO today. The lady working said, I think the sender insured this, but the box is really beat up and the stuff started coming out. She hands it to me and one end is ripped open. I peek inside and nothing seems to be scratched up, so I sign for it.

Well I got home and inspected one of the heatsinks and the corners are bent in, but not terribly bad. I think they will be ok and I can probably bent them straight. They didn't get scratched up which would be harder to aesthetically fix. I still didn't look closely at the other three but on simple examination they looked to be similar shape.

I only say this so that Conrad can take note that their packaging was really insufficient for the job. Foam peanuts do not constitute sufficient protection when the object is hard and heavy. The real problem though was that the box has cardboard reinforcement on 4 of the 6 sides. The two unreinforced sides were the ends, which are most vulnerable, especially since that is where the heatsinks have the most room to move from side to side. If the ends were also reinforced and solid styrofoam was used instead of peanuts there would have been no issue.

Josh

Received mine yesterday as well. Very happy with them. Thanks for organising it.

I've lost a bit of interest in building hifi at the moment, but this may re-kindle it as these lovely lumps of aluminium deserve to be used. When I signed up I was thinking of building 2 ClassA monoblocks but I haven't looked into ClassA at all yet.

My thoughts on the packaging were that it was well packaged, Conrad obviously take the packaging seriously. But I agree that the packaging was weakest in the longwise direction which is where the heatsinks could move individually if eg a hole was ripped in the end and the peanuts fell out, and where the heatsinks were less protected with bubblewrap. Hopefully Conrad will take this feedback on board.

jimbo1968 said:
Received mine yesterday as well. Very happy with them. Thanks for organising it.

I've lost a bit of interest in building hifi at the moment, but this may re-kindle it as these lovely lumps of aluminium deserve to be used. When I signed up I was thinking of building 2 ClassA monoblocks but I haven't looked into ClassA at all yet.

My thoughts on the packaging were that it was well packaged, Conrad obviously take the packaging seriously. But I agree that the packaging was weakest in the longwise direction which is where the heatsinks could move individually if eg a hole was ripped in the end and the peanuts fell out, and where the heatsinks were less protected with bubblewrap. Hopefully Conrad will take this feedback on board.

I can help with the class a stuff :)

jimbo1968 said:

Go on then, recommend me a dual monoblock kit that makes good use of my 4 heatsinks.;)

A pass labs aleph ? I run 4 mini a's ( well actually i run 8 ) 4 smd and 4 through hole. It all depends on your budget and how much you are willing to spend :) you are going to bi-amp right ? That is what i am doing.

Received the ordered heatsinks.

Received the ordered heatsinks today.
I ordered 20, and they arrived in 4 boxes containing 5 in each.
Two of the boxes were complete, one was a bit damaged and one was pretty messed up and had been exposed to water.
I checked all the heatsinks at the postoffice before signing for them. There was a not on the box that was damaged the most saying, Enclosure severe damaged before entering Denmark.

I must say that i'm glad that the heatsinks are okay.
But on the other hand Conrad could do a better job when packing the goodies. They used bubble plastic around the heatsinks, but not for the end's. And then ordinary newspaper around all heatsinks inside the box. Porely done, i must say.
If i did that at my work when sending electronics or an electromotor to a customer, i'm sure the customer would be pissed if his material was damaged upon arrival. :cannotbe:

On top of it all, i had to pay 1633,- Danish Crowners in TAX :bawling:

But the heatsinks are okay after all. ;)

PS: Thanks Flodstrom ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.