• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender'S FC-100 - Group Buy

@gwrskin: the mains-DC-filter caps are rated at 10.000µF/6.3V and cost about 90 cent!
The FC-100 backend-PSU power caps are more expensive. They shall be rated at >40V.

Patrick: it is hard to describe a "sound", even in my mother-tongue.
Moreover: my old ears "hear differently" than your young ears, and my musical taste is different from yours as well.
But what you will notice at once is: the FC-100 plays very fast, no smearing at all, and is producing a very relaxed sound.

Gentlemen: if I had your EMail-adresses, I would be able to distribute the documentation (Builder's Guide, BoM, Drill Templates, ....).
Please send me a PM giving your EMail-address.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. Find attached the current order.

You told me what I also like about the sound

Gentlemen, I have just received an answer from BADEL (transformer company), whom I have asked for 4x34VAC / 50VA transformers, primary: 230VAC, featuring reduced reduction.
This transformer will drive both (!) frontend - shunt-PSUs of the FC-100.
The price is about 30€.

@Arthur: since you will build monoblocks, a 2x34VAC / 50VA transformer would be sufficient for you. Please tell me, if you want to have BADEL's transformers anyway.

Find attached the current order.

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 559
Gentlemen, ARADAN has allowed me to assemble his Soft-Power-On PCB.

This allows me, to:

- check the correctness / completeness of the BoM that I have set up and ordered
- check the correctness of the used µProcessor's firmware
- document the build in a "SPO-Builder's Guide", showing you images of the different stages of the build

Please verify that your order, concerning the parts that I will order, is correct.
I like and order the transformers, 2SK170BL and MPC-resistors next Thursday at the latest.
The lead-time for the transformers is 3 weeks.

P.S.: Markus, Fabian: please PM me your EMail - adresses.

Last edited:
Gentlemen: just to show you, how simply and elegantly / perfectly my SPO / Temperature Control PCB will match your transformer requirements.

P.S.: I am rather unhappy currently, since the German soccer-team has lost its playoff during the EM2016 yesterday.

Attachments

• typical.jpg
    typical.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
Of course I did, Dominic!

Find attached the current order status.
I have marked the nicknames of the participants, who have already payed, in "light green".
Since Dominic did not order a transformer, I know exactly the price for shipping his small parcel.

ARADAN has allowed me to solder one of his SPO-PCBs to:

- check the completeness of the BoM
- check the functionality of the PCB
- check the correctness of the µProcessor's firmware

I have finished his PCB this morning, and: everything "works as designed".

You can see a 3mm LED on the top right, shining red, meaning: mains current is flowing without restriction.

Below it you can see a 3mm Duo-LED, shining green, meaning: the heatsink's temperature did not exceed the pre-programmed threshold of 50°C.
The Duo-LED changes its colour to red, if the temperature threshold is exceeded.
The temperature is sensored once per minute.

I have connected the LM35 - temperature sensor to a small heatsink on the left side of the 2 LEDs.

The LCD in front is showing you the "PCB's status".
The infrared-sensor is working as well, and I am able to remotely power off/on the SPO-circuit (with attached transformers).

I will send you the "Builder's Manual, BoM, Drill Template, ..." on the weekend.

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 476
  • SPO 011.jpg
    SPO 011.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Hi All,

Today I started the matching.Hope I can finish it within two-three days,After completion I will send these to Rudi.

Mouser price for single pair of output device is 6.65 USD. I brought 70 Pairs.Two times shipping charges (from US to India and from India to germany),two times currency exchange fees,Customs duty (110 USD) added another 3.2 USD to each pair. I added little more to meet other expenses like making of test jig etc.

So the final price will be 75USD for a stereo set. A stereo set consists of two sets each of NPN and PNP triplets plus one NPN and one PNP singles. Total 7+7 NJL0281 and NJL0302

Price for 18 toshiba devices is 20 USD. which consists of two N-P matched pairs,3 P-P matched pairs and 4 N-N matched pairs

paypal fees is 4.4%

So the total will be 99.2 USD (including paypal fees)for the transistor kit. If you ordered two stereo sets the total will be 198.4USD.

My paypal Id. joshvi2004@yahoo.co.in

Best Regards
Joshvi

I understand that the GB is now closed, but if parts somehow become available I will take a complete stereo set of everything described.

BK

If anyone needs to opt out of this GB or reduce their board count, please let me know. Of course this would need to be OK with the organizer. I won't mention again here and otherwise will wait for a future opportunity.

BK