• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I've re-read this topic and the previous v3 topic, and there isn't really a clear answer....

- Does this GB include the option of i2s, or is it just a EOI for future versions?
- Is balanced going to be another GB/PCB, or is that not happening anymore?

From the very first post:

The Group Buy is for Subbu DAC V3 SPDIF PCB, 5v Power Supply PCB and ES9023 Chip.

Here is my understanding.
The V3 WAS going to have SPDIF and pads for I2s. Towards the end of testing it was decided that it would be SPDIF only. It was then that there was some discussion of an I2s board.
It is my hope that when this GB is done that there will be an I2s PCB designed and offered.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yes, I understand the first post. However, in the PDF in Post #80, there is (for the first time?) reference to a i2s PCB.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't think it's really obvious.
I should have been little clearer when naming the column in the pdf. That column represents the interest in I2S version of the DAC. Hope this clears.

Cheers!
Subbu

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Which does not imply that you guys will have the availability, or the time or energy to make it happen in a known timeframe, right?
-

Mmm sharp. I am redesigning the "other version" (it is more than I2S) but I am hindered by neck hernia problems. I can not determine when it will be ready. Well it was pretty close to ready but then plans changed. We have the handicap that we want to deliver a device that is up to our own standards. We are not that easily satisfied.

All I know is the people that order the SPDIF version will have a working DAC within a known time path.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.