• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Phil,
My offer still stands if you need help with US distribution, or if you want me to purchase from us vendors and ship to you. I am going to build a SMT oven when the oven board becomes available from this source Projects – Hobbybotics Reflow Controller Quad V1.0 | Hobbybotics

If it works out I will be willing to help people out with soldering but I am sure there is a learning curve on these things.
Bill

Hi Bill

Yes I haven't forgotten our last talk, I've kept it aside as some informations are still missing by now to publish BOM prices.
My goal is to offer a fully functional & tested DAC to DIYer's who want something built.
Very nice oven, I understand you'll use it ;)

Regards

Phil

Hi bnorrish

Nothing special about those chips, ES9023 & WM8804 are SMD parts.
They don't fail much or less than others after been soldered.
You have to carefully avoid fingers contact as for other sensitive chips.
I've fried one ES9023 due to this non strict observation ;)

Regards

Phil

Last week I soldered about half of Curryman's 9023 DAC. The 9023 was easy-peasy to solder without magnification. The SOT23-5 regs were a pain to say the least even with magnification. I even screwed one up. I could have really used a hot air rework station to fix my mistake. The point I'm making is that the ES9023 and WM8804 are easy SMD chips to solder. Just do the solder one pad, slide into place and tack down method.

This or something like it, is totally worth it... V-Light® Full Spectrum Clamp-on/Desktop Magnifier, Black | Staples

Mull3t, I agree with you, ES9023 is an easy chip to solder. WM8804 requires more attention because of less space between pins (SSOP-20). IMHO SOT23-5 are not really tricky. The toughest part to solder RN1 (resistor network) has been revisited. The other parts are mostly 0805/1210/1206, no 0603 sized parts inside...

wirewiggler is right, ESD protection is a must.

Regards

Phil

Last edited:
@Byron that's pretty cool. The only thing I can think of adding to my DIY rig for soldering would be a hot air rework station. Other than that I would say I'm getting to the point where I need case work tools like a drill press, digital caliper, etc. Problem is I live in a small apt. No room for power tools.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Orders to date (29-Jun-2013)

Hello All -

Here is the list of members who have signed up. Please review for correctness and let me know if you see any issues.

I have got few messages from members to change the quantities. I will make those changes in the next list I publish.

Regards
Subbu

Attachments

• Orders List 29-Jun-2013.pdf
    14.1 KB · Views: 361
Hello All -

Here is the list of members who have signed up. Please review for correctness and let me know if you see any issues.

I have got few messages from members to change the quantities. I will make those changes in the next list I publish.

Regards
Subbu

Hi,
I just see a little mod for me (line 35 I guess) Country should be France instead of Yerres.
Thanks

Jean Claude

Are the prices known yet?
Are they those stated in the spreadsheet?
Depending on this, I may decide to buy more pieces...
-

Hi pilli & All

I'm still unable to post informations about DAC V3 parts GB prices and I'm very sorry for that.
I've asked for it and still waiting for the official BOM content.
Same thing about the assembly service and logistic.
Patience is a virtue, respect a value.
Hope to give you answers very soon.

Phil

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hello All -

I know there has been questions about the pricing and the BOM. I should be getting the prices in a day or two and will publish the pricing by this weekend. Along with this I will include the payment instructions as well, so members can start paying sooner than the GB end date.

I have also received pm from few members about the change in quantities / order which has been noted. It should reflect in the new list which I publish this weekend as well.

Regards,
Subbu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.