• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can I check the image mark in red is there any trace ? For some reason I have to drill a hole for spacer due to space constraint.

Attachments

• AKL-S03b.png
    AKL-S03b.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 273
Hey Chanh,

Not sure if this will make sense, but the negative power supply becomes this way if the positive leg is referenced to ground. Since the ssr03 has one positive leg and one negative leg of the two supplies referenced to ground, this is dependant on which output leg from the bridge rectifier is referenced to ground, if that makes sense I'm glad, once that does, it may explain what acko meant by 2 floating supplies, neither leg is referenced to ground, so you get to choose whether you need a positive or negative leg.
does that make sense?

Laters,

Drew.
Hi Drew,

If I understand yours correctly, there is a posibility SSR03 can be dual positive voltage outputs?

Bridge rectifier +VDC is ground reference to the hot wire of the negative voltage.

Cheers,
Chanh

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

Think I jumped the gun there!
As you are aware, the package is just sent today. I might get it next Monday or Tuesday, hopefully.:xfingers:

I have four spare and already reserved to Enrico, Ian and Stijn. May be Acko is happy to make another group buy, otherwise I will send it to you three. ;)

Will pm you the moment I have them here. :)

There seem to be a few DAC builds using Acko's SO3 to interface with Beaglebone Blacks (BBB) going on at the moment, my own included.

Acko kindly provided me with a ufl connector interface board to use with my BBB when I purchased the SO3 and I have to say that these little boards are very neat and tidy. However, upon reflection, I decided not to use one with my board as I couldn't see a real advantage in using ufl connectors between the BBB and SO3 and, in fact using them would just introduce another connection interface. Instead I've used a short length of ribbon cable, soldered directly to the SO3 and with good tight header pins (soldered to the ribbon cable, not simply crimped) at the BBB end. The result is pictured below.

I will be using ufl connectors between the SO3 and the DAC as both have the requisite connectors installed and having reclocked the data with the SO3 they seem like a good choice for getting the data to the DAC.

My DAC build is ongoing, and I'm not a quick builder, but I'm hoping to get the DAC board and power supplies installed this weekend.

BTW, the pink and black wires running close to the ribbon cable go to a momentary switch that will shutdown the BBB when necessary.

Ray

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

BTW, the pink and black wires running close to the ribbon cable go to a momentary switch that will shutdown the BBB when necessary.

Ray
Hi Ray,

Would you please elaborate more on your power switch? woukd be an essential once I am able to box up.

@Acko - will SuperCape has the power switch jumper? W.r.t my order, does this meanI will not get those spare boards any longer? ;)

@Acko - will SuperCape has the power switch jumper? W.r.t my order, does this meanI will not get those spare boards any longer? ;)

SuperCape will do this automatically. All you need is pull the plug on the BBB :)
Hopefully this will sort out the bugbear with BBB, failing due to improper shutdown. Of course, the other issue of failure due to power sequencing is already taken care now by the SO3 as explained previously. i.e external inputs to BBB will be blocked by the S03 isolators if BBB is shutdown or unpowered.

Your order is still open with 'Exception'. The replacement boards only partially satisfies, just to get you going. If I get the original returned package by next Monday then I will arrange to send the balance. Otherwise will refund accordingly.

Last edited:
SuperCape will do this automatically. All you need is pull the plug on the BBB :)

If I get the original returned package by next Monday then I will arrange to send the balance. Otherwise will refund accordingly.
Sounds exciting with the SuperCape!

Really appreciate your kind efforts by going out of your way to keep existing client(s) satisfied. Thank You Kindly! If is ok, please keep the spare boards and credit the balance to my future purchase of BBB SuperCape whenever is available? The freight cost is ridiculous in this Country and I see no benifit in doing this lost/lost situation! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.