Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB - Page 107 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2014, 03:58 PM   #1061
diyAudio Member

Just to clarify, that's R4 on the Trident.
Old 4th June 2014, 09:35 AM   #1062
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COX77 View Post
Are the sSi590 better than CCHD957 ?
Regards
CCHD957 is better
Old 12th June 2014, 06:42 AM   #1063
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

Hope one of you can help with this ... I've been fortunate enough to buy a pair of XO & isolator boards (AKX02 & AKL-AKM-S02), however, understood from the seller that there was a routing missing on the AKL-AKM-SO2 in terms of leading the XO's clock back to the Amanero board (for Amanero slave use). In case this is mentioned in this thread might one of you lead me to the post where a solution is described - or maybe just briefly describe it again?

Thanks for any help you may give ;-)

Cheers,

Jesper
Old 12th June 2014, 12:27 PM   #1064
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Jesper: Check here... you cut the trace between the marked IC pin and the hole with a X over. then wire to the MCK-pin instead.
Or you do as me, just jumper between both holes, and remove the pin that should go into the X-marked hole instead.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12th June 2014, 06:49 PM   #1065
diyAudio Member

Hi :-) ... thanks for your feedback and the instructive drawing. I'll look into it - and also look very much forward to (soon I hope) listening to the DAC.

Hilsner til Sverige!

Jesper
Old 21st June 2014, 05:03 PM   #1066
diyAudio Member

Working, at long last. Turbo connection to BIIISE, after increasing current thru the 1.2v Trident, and correctly setting config bits on the Amanero for pins 1 & 11. Will now play everything I have thru Daphile, both DSD and PCM at native rate up to 192k, and upsampled in the software to (at least) 352k. Haven't tried 384k yet, and 352k takes a few moments to stabilize, with background static-y noise for those moments, then fine.

Curious about the BIIISE dip switches, however. If I am upsampling in software to the highest integer multiple, which is, as I said, 352k so far, then when turning off oversampling filtering and reclocking via SW2 switch 5, I get the loud, hashy noise I had previously gotten, and that noise does not dissipate or go away with time. Perhaps I'm not clear on what is going on inside the Sabre chip, but my hope had been to bypass what is going on and control filtering via software. Any thoughts? Thanks for all the help and suggestions getting to this point - Pat
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:30 PM   #1067
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwykca View Post
Hi Miksi,

This might not apply to your Buffalo III implementation, but I found that trying to play 352/384 via amanero/acko isolator with P-sync, I had lots of noise/glitching. I found that the VDD(1.2v) Trident couldn't supply enough current to prevent VDD voltage droop causing the noise. After modifying the trident to supply more current, I've been able to play 352/384 files without any issues.

Hope this helps.
Cornelius.
Russ suggested 20-27 ohm resistor. What value did you use and on which resistor can we measure ccs current on tridents? Now, I'm going to measure voltage when noise appears.
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:08 PM   #1068
miksi is offline miksi  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Measured voltage on 1.2 VDD is 1.1642V regardless of sample rate. And now noise (on 352 and 384) resembles on white + some faint modulated high frequency tone, like tuning to distant AM station and appears about 30-40 sec after stop playing music or test signal.
Old 25th June 2014, 08:06 AM   #1069
Chanh is offline Chanh  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Acko,

I have the Pi and Doede's DDDAC, and am looking to build an isolator much similar to Enrico (Emyeuoi). Please advise where could I get the board and associate parts?

Many thanks,
Chanh
Old 25th June 2014, 10:27 AM   #1070
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksi View Post
Measured voltage on 1.2 VDD is 1.1642V regardless of sample rate. And now noise (on 352 and 384) resembles on white + some faint modulated high frequency tone, like tuning to distant AM station and appears about 30-40 sec after stop playing music or test signal.
Are you able to check the 1.2v line on a scope to see what is going? Multimeter shows average only

Hide this!Advertise here!