• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am sorry, Gentlemen, to tell you that this little project will be delayed due a "not-on-stock - condition" .

I have ordered a couple (16) of NSL-32SR2 last week from RSOnline, but due to the component number 250xxxx,
these components are not on stock generally and have to be ordered from the manufacturer on customer's requests.
I have been told from RSOnline that the LDRs will arrive next week latest.

If I had known this restriction beforehand, I would have ordered from FARNELL, which have the LDRs on stock.
I am not able to cancel my RSOnline order.

I am sorry for this delay, but I hope that you (who are interested in this PCB) won't loose your interest.

In the meantime METAL and I are preparing to give you the best of hard- and software - solution available for this small project.
It only takes some time.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
TELSTAR: I have been told from RSOnline today that a cancellation of my order is not possible.
RONNY: thank you for your kind answer.
In the meantime METAL and I have committed on a scheme that will be able to "understand / learn " the transmitted codes
of your remote-control unit.

I am very sorry, Adrian, to be not able to provide you 4 input sources.
The number of input sources is restricted to 3 due to the current layout (size of the PCB: 100 x 100 mm).

I have been asked by a number of German FC-100 group-buyers to provide them a remotely-controlled "PowerOn/PowerOff ("Standby") functionality" - and I will provide it - see the attached image, the leftmost relay.
This relay can be used to power on/off your FC-100. I will tell you how to do it.

P.S. I am still waiting for the ordered LDRs to arrive. Maybe on coming Tuesday.
Just let me think this over again. Do I really need a "Mute Relay"?

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Gentlemen, I am doing some nice progress with my current project: "A general audio supplementary PCB" - see pictures attached.

The PCB includes the following functionality: George Stantscheff's Lightspeed Attenuator (being controlled by a motorized potentiometer),
Source Selection, Mute Function, 2 Temperature Sensors, StandBy (Switch the FC-100 on/off), LCD display, everything being controlled
by Infrared with the ability to learn the codes of your control unit, ...

After 3 weeks of waiting I finally received 16 NSL-32SR2 Silonex opto-couplers and measured them at different currents flowing through the LED.

This is the result:

http://www.abload.de/img/image1f2iiu.png

There are at least 4 pairs of LDRs that match very well and can be used for George's "Lightspeed Attenuator".

METAL, who did the software part of this project, has provided me an absolutely fail-safe, professional program for the used PIC µProcessor.

I have "cannibalized" an old SYMASM to test the functionality of the PCB in real life, before I will "marry" this PCB with my GEM-amplifier,
the FC-100, which still is "the very best DIY-amplifier that I have ever listened to".

I will keep you informed about my progress.

P.S. The image below shows the prototype PCB. The layout of the final PCB is shown in post #518.

Attachments

• nsl 006.jpg
    nsl 006.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 396
  • nsl 003.jpg
    nsl 003.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.