• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what exact type of resistor did you guys use for the FC100 ?

did you all go with the Yageo Metal Film Resistors (Professional) Type MF0 Series ??

I never heard them (I mean the name).
What would be their advantage vs excellent resistors such as Dale (with attention on series), Holco and PRP (of which I have seen distortion measurements and several positive opinions)?

I never heard them (I mean the name).
What would be their advantage vs excellent resistors such as Dale (with attention on series), Holco and PRP (of which I have seen distortion measurements and several positive opinions)?

first problem is, that i cant find all values with PRP / Dale / Holco which are needed.
second is, PRP has a to big footprint with 0.5W

first problem is, that i cant find all values with PRP / Dale / Holco which are needed.
second is, PRP has a to big footprint with 0.5W

I haven't ordered anything for my FC100 yet, but it seems strange since Vishay/Dale has the most complete range, maybe they werent available at the time.

Speaking of resistors, in your opinion there is any possible issue using parts with looser degradation over time PPM >=100?
For a different project I have used some RN55E which are of such type, while being still a 1%.

I haven't ordered anything for my FC100 yet, but it seems strange since Vishay/Dale has the most complete range, maybe they werent available at the time.

Speaking of resistors, in your opinion there is any possible issue using parts with looser degradation over time PPM >=100?
For a different project I have used some RN55E which are of such type, while being still a 1%.

jep. i can`t find a 2R2 Dale at any distribution i know :(
and RN55 is way to small it has to be 0.5W that would mean RN65 - but then you have the wrong footprint.
so its not that easy as it seems!

Last edited:
jep. i can`t find a 2R2 Dale at any distribution i know :(
and RN55 is way to small it has to be 0.5W that would mean RN65 - but then you have the wrong footprint.
so its not that easy as it seems!

My RN55 was 1/8W for a headphone amp, just an example of high PPM cheaper type.

dale resistor Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole | Mouser

Weird, you're right.

Using higher wattage perhaps? "Vertical mount" don't look so horrible sometimes.
anyway i dont believe a couple of different resistors will do much to the sound. We are really nitpicking here.

Gentlemen, dear FC-100 friends,

my DIY-friend METAL and I are currently working on a "universal - passive PRE-AMP supplementary PCB", consisting of:

- Source Selection (3 optional choices)
- Mute functionallity
- George Stantscheff's "Lightspeed Attenuator" being controlled by a motorized potentiometer, being controlled by Infrared
- 2 Temperature Sensors
- 2 x 16 chars Front-Panel - LCD - Display

http://www.abload.de/img/image1tfa8s.png

Everything can be operated from a infrared-control unit.
It won't be long until we will finally be able to offer you this PCB.

If anyone of you is interested to have this PCB: please tell me.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Yes, of course, Pinnocchio:

I will provide you the PCB, a pre-programmed PIC 16F886 µProcessor and matched LDRs. That is it.
I have ordered a couple (16 pcs., still waiting for RSOnline's receipt) of LDRs for my own use, and I will find out, how well they will match.
George Stantscheff told me how to match them.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.