• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All parts checked and measure fine.
I noticed the following substitutions:
R9 = 40.2k instead of 33k
C6, C7 = 0.22uF MKT/MKS instead of 1.0uF MLC
These look correct according to the Mouser order analysis spreadsheet.

R9 & R25 were a specification change in November.

C6 & C7 appear to have been an optional change prior to the November BOM update. RS comments that it appears to be a conservative vendor suggestion.

Mine is working fine with the previously specified parts.

All done. It sounds great so far, but it's just running off my MacBook's HP out for now.
It's plenty loud enough with AD2000s, 9 o'clock is heaps on low gain :eek: I'll need to find an adapter to try with some higher impedance headphones.

The amp:
CameraZOOM-20111222240335040.jpg

Testing:
CameraZOOM-20111222240416076.jpg

3mv DC offset:
CameraZOOM-20111222240616941.jpg

Thanks again to DDW!

Agree that BlueFusion has done a great job on packaging / labelling! With better communication perhaps much of the angst/anxiety could have been avoided. BlueFusion certainly could have taken a more proactive approach to managing expectations. Rather than always reactive.

I hope we can hear from BlueFusion soon and resolve the outstanding money issues. My vote goes for BlueFusion resolving the postage costs with ddw prior to any of the other finance problems.

Just realised that I'm also missing one of the blue jacks that I should have.

So far I'm missing 8 opamps, one jack, and... hopefully no more than that.

I'll be counting everything out into 3 separate kits tomorrow afternoon so I'll find any other omissions then.

Did anyone receive my opamps as extras? or a spare jack maybe?

Let the horse trading with extras begin!!!

At least there are some working amps now. I agree with BF making an appearance on the forum and finishing the GB on a good note. There is no denying that he had his heart in the right place and packed things well, a bit more communication and "Ive taken off more than I can chew and need some help" would not have gone astray.

What I have paid for freight:
4 x 500g express post @ $9.20 = $36.80
8 x 3kg express post @ $12.55 = $100.40
8 x 3kg click and send @ $9.35 = $74.80
Inside out's order to NZ $9.65

Progressive Total = $221.65

Still to post six international orders, one local.

I have paid for all this myself and I'm comfortable underwriting the freight and will sort it out with BF once we get to the bottom of what's happened with the money.

From what I understand, and if I'm wrong can someone please correct me but there is an allowance of $25Au per international order. Once I get the front panels from BF I will get it in the post asap noting that I will be away for a week over christmas/new years - sorry international guys but family comes first and I was hoping to have this all sorted, but I will do my best (I have a cunning plan to for someone to check my mail and bring all the panels up the river and post them from there, but it relies on BF getting them in the post tomorrow).

Questions?

Last edited:
well if BF doesnt manage to sort this out satisfactorily, put me down for a 25 dollar donation to help even things up. I'm sure regardless of the note BF finishes on, nobody wants it to finish on the discordant note of you being out of pocket, considering the effort and gumption of your undertaking to set this right for everyone. The other slots to tally up will be filled pretty quickly I imagine

The other slots to tally up will be filled pretty quickly I imagine

Yep, I'll chip in as well.

Hopefully we can get some more financial information from BF about where funds were allocated; there should be about $8 left over from my order since I had one plug pack ordered and instead got 2 extra batteries. I imagine there are other discrepancies with respect to the plug pack order and what has/hasn't been refunded.

I'll be in for some covering your costs if BF doesn't come though too!

My board is stuffed full of components now too. Something screwy going on with my voltage regs though, only getting +/- 6.8V out of each. Will have to look into that when I get a bit of free time over next week or so. Hopefully just something simple/stupid.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.