• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
latest list of buyers

People have been sending in info, so here is the latest list.

I also thought the plethora of countries represented by buyers was interesting and unexpected so I included this pie chart just for fun.

Attachments

• DX Blame MKIII HX buyers 2011-08-16.JPG
    DX Blame MKIII HX buyers 2011-08-16.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 349
  • distribution of shipping addresses.JPG
    distribution of shipping addresses.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 341
No Russellc, you are not a dead-beat. Or . . . at least you don't owe me any money. :p I haven't sent out any invoices because I have not yet received the boards and deemed them acceptable. Boards are expected to be shipped August 18, which means I'll probably get them Aug 22 or 23. If I decide they are what I ordered, I will send out invoices.

You should really contact Patrick (Meanman) to confirm your presence.

Because your names are not in this list..this is the last list before he ordered the manufacturer to go producing boards..Meanman have already had green light about the board gerbers...it is possible he may be running a separate list for diyaudio forum orders...as this list started and was populated by guys that belongs to other forum.

Maybe he has another list...you should try contact with him....he is busy but he may appear soon.

You see.... Russel was confirmed and he is not in this list...this seems he has another list...but...just in case..check this.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• List.jpg
    List.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
About this amplifier sound quality?

I will not talk too much about...as i am deeply confident everybody will love it deeply.

I will inform about audio quality asking your guys, if you have a sledgehammer in your home?

If your answer is positive...if you do have a sledgehammer in your home...is to advice you dear friends, to ask family to hide this tool from you..because after you listen the MKIII-Hx, for sure you will smash your previous audio equipment using a sledgehammer.

Boys...this amplifier is the result of several years in a try and error basis searching for audio quality (tweaking in a try an error basis...changing current, trying sub circuits...always searching for some enhancement... hard work...around the clock)... and started by the Blameless from Doctor Self.....so, the main idea came from one of the best designers of our time.... was developed from the Dx Blame ES, ST, MKII, MKII Supercharged and them MKIII and now MKIII-Hx...what does this means...one beating the other...and the first one was already good enougth to beat almost 99 percent of all amplifiers ever made in this world.... then try to imagine this one...made by a crazy fanatic. that breath transistors and taste sound....someone that since 9 years old started to build amplifiers in a rate of one unit each day....i do think more than 6430 where made since these early days...listening, testing, comparing, dismounting and trying other one..buying amplifiers in a rate of two each month ( only this because of money issues)..and testing, comparing, listening and turning more and more skilled about listen and evaluate performance... demmanding in quality i am.... boring as i use to tweak till i appreciate or a smash the hell amplifier so frustrated i feel when the unit sound average...the unit sound awesome...you will see that.

Just use good speakers.... try good audio sources (no Ipods)... avoid preamplifiers as they usually distorts...avoid tone controls...plug your audio source directly and you will have an encounter with the divine.

Carefull if you have a double barreled or 4 barrels unit..not this one from the picture (plastic plumbing tubes made as a weapon by that guy..not real weapon)..if you have a real one.... put your camera and make a movie to show you using your shooting your previous amplifier..... is your amplifier expensive?... the previous one?.... say... the almost dead one?..... i am very sorry for it.

You may say i am crazy...not really...i am already have the advantage not to have preamplifiers..as i use to ask people not to use them...this way is easy to beat yours.... as your unit has that hell thing to mess with all sonics.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hehehe.jpg
    hehehe.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 284
  • SledgeHammer.jpeg
    SledgeHammer.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
The input impedance of this amplifier is 47K

It is not all that mismatch.... and if people wants to match level and impedance.... say..to match the source, can fake it using resistances..this way source is matched and works happy..then you run signal to the power amplifier if source is lower impedance compared to the power... the old trick.

If the opposite..high impedance source..them a series resistance in the power amplifier input will solve the problem..source will be happy and power amplifier will need some tweak in the sensitivity.

In the early days..when i was starting, i had a Akai 4000Ds MKII tape recorder, an open reel that costed to me more than a VW beetle...was very expensive in Brazil.... a new one...i paid in three years... 36 monthes paying the deck... it came with demonstration tape (that train, the Russian Roulet and musics).

I found my amplifier sound (Kenwood) not very good..then i decide to be rid of a lot of circuits... multiple stages, switches, potentiometers, connectors, cables, capacitors, resistors and so on..... preamplifier also and old style power amplifier (Aksa style, bootstrapp style, Dx amplifier style).... then i built a class A stage, using BC177, a metalica transistor from Philips... a Senheiser microphone cartridge used in a headphone saved from TV Globo fire..half melted headphone with a 400 ohms cartridge..... cartridge was in series with transistor colector...so... direct coupling and excelent acoustics (headphone around my ears)... excelent driver (cartridge..low weight, strong magnet..super centered... soft diafragm made from a kind of plastic with vains to reinforce it not to flex while moving...long excursion diafragm).... and i use to connect this to the deck RCA output jack, to avoid the poor headphone amplifier from the Akai.... then i had my first contact with the divine.... since that day i am searching for that same sonics..without multiple stages to mess with sonics....i could not find... reason why i am still searching for that perfection.... these amplifier i am offering for your folks, are the ones are less distant from that emotion i feel and i am still searching to have it once again.

One transistor..the deck used two stages as head amplifier and some equalizing capacitors and resistances...my circuit only a couple of resistances, a transistor, direct coupled as RCA connector already had a capacitor on it.... direct coupled in the output and a 9 volts battery together the Senheiser 400 ohms cartridge...i would give all i have made to listen that sound quality once again inside my young ears...the problem is that my ears are not young anymore...ahahahahah!

That was my ultimate experience..this creates in my soul the need to search for quality... as i could experience awesome quality removing stages... and making it simple.

That Senheiser headphone, a white one..used a microphone dinamic cartridge as speaker.... of course quality was much better than the traditional speaker we had as available drivers at that time (1970)

9 volts battery, 11 miliamps colector to emitter current...a 400 ohms dinamic cartridge and a colector to base resistance..only that....level was controled by the line out potentiometer from the Akai deck.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Akai 4000DS 1.jpg
    Akai 4000DS 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
You are welcome BMW850

You may have 60 volts..and this is fine.

2000 watts each one?..... beautifull.... so, please, do not use 1 ohm.... the amplifier will burn..the output will melt...all them will melt.

With your transformer you may reach 1 Kilowatt each channel..... so, you need huge heatsinks.... install transistors with good insulators (Mica) and use thermal grease.... install transistors directly into the heatsink and avoid the "L" shape adaptor to guarantee your power amplifier survival.

For audio...music signal reaching 1 Kilowatt... with some distortion...peaks going to 1 kilowatt...then you will dissipate a lot of heat, and you will need something very big... i do think to both channels you may need to surround your enclosure with heatsinks...almost all sides covered with heatsinks and ... and heatsinks will be even bigger than this one in the attached imaged.... enclosure should be all aluminium to help dissipation.... heatsink show in the image will work for 300 watts each channel...... try to imagine what you gonna need for 1 kilowatt each channel..... 5 times more to a single channel...so... this enclosure show will never work fine, full power, having two channels inside.

7 heatsinks alike the one shown will be good for two channels... one at left, other at right side, other in the amplifier back panel, other in the amplifier frontal panel and three installed in the top cover..use aluminium enclosure...you may think i am exagerated...you will see i am not.

This amplifier is really strong... you gonna be surprised...also your speakers will be surprised....they may melt...better to limit your power using a couple of ohms resistors in series with your power supply rails...or speakers will go.

If you take a resistor made of thick wire (1 to 2 milimeters diameter) and produce a 2 ohms load.... if you install this load in this amplifier and put the load inside a glass of water, the watter will boil in a matter of seconds.... it is really strong...be aware of that.

Do not use the way you see in the 3D image.... this "L" adaptor may create problems.....if your board have the excess to be mounted this way, then saw the excess of in order to assemble transistors directly into the heatsink...without "L" adaptor.

Adjust your power amplifier reading 1 milivolt over each power emitter resistor, to avoid too much heat.

These heatsinks show.. my enclosure over a wooden table, was not very good for a single channel pumping out 500 watts RMS.... so, imagine yours producing 1 plus 1 kilowatt.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 3D.jpg
    3D.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 500 watts heatsinks.jpg
    500 watts heatsinks.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
This is my Zappulse 2.3 amplifier monoblock, not to watch the dust
The 2 elco's are Mundorf 47000uF 80V MLytic High Current I hope that this is enough.
This is a homemade Cabinet, front is 10 mm thick and side panels and bottom 6 mm thick.

Hopefully I can build everything in here, only the Mundorf 47000uF 80V MLytic must be moved.

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• mundorf_mlytic.jpg
    mundorf_mlytic.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010154.jpg
    P1010154.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010155.jpg
    P1010155.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010156.jpg
    P1010156.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 107
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.