• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes Buzz... this makes a lot of sense.

This amplifier can work from 15 plus and minus to 64V plus and minus....so...you may have lower power if you need...also you do not need to use all these output transistors while using lower supply voltage, that will result in lower power output because the lower supply voltage.

Visit MKIII thread...there you have this posted in questions and answers i have made to myself in order to help buiders about this kind of doubts they may have:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...mkiii-supercharged-will-soon-released-31.html

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I have tested using 21 plus 21 volts supplies and sound was perfect

We have to tweak bias circuit resistors as explained in previous recent videos.

I have also tested using 35 volts supplies (Home Edition)

Also tested using standard supply voltage.

Just for fun i have checked with two 9 volts batteries and worked fine too.

I do think from 35 to 64 volts result was better....well, lower power in December....if you want optimized units for low power, then is better to cancel your order and wait December.

I will not help modifications for this model to avoid to become crazy...as i may have too much work thinking about several different amplifiers at same time.

Sorry, i am already developing, and testing, 5 different amplifiers...this is already too much....amplifier is a system....to each power and supply voltage we have to adjust several things to optimize performance...each one must be understood as a different amplifier.

Reduction in power and supply voltage will allow amplifiers to operate...but not optimized having the best possible performance....want the best possible performance to lower power units?...then wait December.

This amplifier is a monster!.... a killer!..... be carefull if you have sensitive low power speakers...they will melt...this is guaranteed

regards,

Carlos

I have opened the Dx Blame MKIII-Hx builder's thread

It was opened for you to read adjustment instructions, modifications, updates, upgrades and tips and tricks.

Also for you to show your work, your pictures about, your construction, your parts, your chassis, yourself and whatever you want to ask, to say and to post.

Here you have the link:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/193759-dx-blame-mkiii-hx-builders-thread.html

regards,

Carlos

This amplifier can work from 15 plus and minus to 64V plus and minus....so...you may have lower power if you need...also you do not need to use all these output transistors while using lower supply voltage, that will result in lower power output because the lower supply voltage.

Visit MKIII thread...there you have this posted in questions and answers i have made to myself in order to help buiders about this kind of doubts they may have:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...mkiii-supercharged-will-soon-released-31.html

regards,

Carlos

This is good , plan on using 28-32 volt psu .........:)

Well boys.... we're an international, Universal and Sideral Corporation

Soon we gonna have headquarters in the Moon and also Mars in 20 years (ahahahah).... this way, you can order from here and for there if needed.

To organize better i have asked Brazilians to order there, in the other forum, because they are there waiting for the amplifier that sank..the MAKO... the Terminator-Annihilator (2KW), ...crazy thing.... but it is dead.... really dead..and buried in cemetery of D'Arlington...the heroe's cemetery (graveyard).

So, my people are there...they have ordered more than 50 percent... invaded and dominated Patrick's group buy....also Europeans are there too.

But needing, in an emergency, we can break these organization rules to server folks...you will not be without your boards.

Both group buys have no profit...no one will have free boards...not me, nor Meanman and not Alex mm.....price is the manufacturer price divided by the board quantity, increase by the shipment price and that is all.

1964Roovers@gmail.com is Meanman email adress.

regards,

Carlos

Boards have shipped from Manufacturer!!!

I'm so excited! I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve. FedEx tracking says they are expected Monday, August 8.

Here's how this will work:

1. Everyone send me their shipping address and their PayPal address in a PM. Please do so ASAiP so I can start generating shipping labels and getting prices over the weekend. Also, tell me if you want some shipping method other than FedEx SmartPost, which is the cheapest and slowest method.:snail:
  2. I will get the cost of shipping, and send you a PayPal invoice for your boards ($16.99 each, as I recall) and shipping, assuming I can figure out how to. If I can't, I'll just send a PM with your cost.
  3. When the boards arrive on Monday, I'll post photos in this forum, and a description if they are anything other than exactly what I ordered.:xfingers:.
  4. I will ship boards as soon as I get payment.
  5. We will all have fun building awesome, high powered amplifiers, and discussing them, and posting pictures in Carlos' build thread! http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/193759-dx-blame-mkiii-hx-builders-thread.html

Last edited:
Good question

coool , but is fedex really cheaper than usps priority mail ?
Enclosed in the comparison of the only US residents who have sent me their address so far. Note that the FedEx price is for FedEx ground, but I plan to use FedEx SmartPost, which I think will be slightly cheaper. Also, FedEx has provided free envelopes. The reason I don't have FedEx SmartPost prices? I have to wait until Monday to call FedEx offices to gain the ability to use SmartPost with my account number, which I need to do to get prices.:mad:

Which brings me to why I'm considering switching to USPS. Federal Express has been just awful to deal with. It's really easy to use their most expensive services, but my attempt to save money has just been a nightmare of confusing, useless web sites and Telephone Call Center Hell. I really think FedEx is trying to sabotage their inexpensive services by making them so difficult to use, that people give up and use the expensive services. :gnasher:

Unless FedEx provides just wonderful customer service when I call them Monday, I'm going to take the free envelopes they sent me, cover the FedEx logo with a big piece of tape, and send them via USPS.:shhh:

Attachments

• sample shipping prices.JPG
    sample shipping prices.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 295
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.