Leach clone 12 outputs 2nd round - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2010, 09:40 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Leach clone 12 outputs 2nd round

I am starting this thread to gauge interest in a group buy for the Leach clone 12 output amplifier.
I have recently received many requests for pcb's which are not available.
If you are interested in purchasing these fine pcb's which are FR4 fiberglass, 2 oz. copper, green soldermask and white lettering respond to this thread and I will determine whether it is cost effective enough for me to proceed.
I can say for sure that with 80 to 100 boards manufactured we should be able to get them for less than 20.00 U.S. each. Advanced Circuits has the gerber files and can proceed anytime. I would like to have at least 150 made to bring down the price if at all possible. This Leach design has all of the components that Dr. Leach originally included in the amp with the additional devices totalling 12 outputs. The feedback trace is incorporated on this amp exactly like the original. Jens Rasmussen has done a superb job of designing this board and I think this is the best Leach amp layout to date.
You can leave your responses here in this thread or send me an email with the number of boards you will need, your full name AND diy audio name, plus legal address and email address. It is sometimes very hard to determine who one is with the diy name different from the legal name.

Remember we are gauging interest there are currently no boards ordered. Please remember this. If you have been wanting to build a very nice BJT amplifier with all of the good stuff in it, plus mucho available horsepower, this is the amp to build. It is not cheap.

Tad

Last edited by tryonziess; 25th June 2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 25th June 2010, 11:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I'd be in for a minimum of 3 boards but more then likely I'd like to get probably 6 depending on what we can get the cost down too.

I don't know if there is a way for me to be a first time customer to get the 500 dollars without having to put up the money, aka me be the customer, someone else pays and has them shipped to the payer. This way we can get the discount and drop the price a bit more. If there is a way to work it out I'd have no problems with it. Otherwise I'd have to do pre-orders to get the discount because I just don't have that kind of cash to put up.
Old 25th June 2010, 11:35 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Count me in for 4 boards.
Old 26th June 2010, 02:36 AM   #4
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

count me in for 6 boards...
Old 26th June 2010, 08:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Doug,
I have been looking for ways to get the five hundred dollar discount everytime we order but doing the right thing has it rewards. The board houses have to make a living too. Heck there is no telling how many free samples the diy audio crowd receives from the chip companies -- me included.
Once we get this thing rolling I will ask my rep at Advanced Circuits if there are any rewards for loyal repeat customers. If the company can come off of a few hundred that would help tremendously. The economy as a whole has made hobby projects for most people an item of last resort.
So far we have 10 boards spoken for. We still have a way to go.
Here is a picture of the pcb's next to the 10 output board. Tad
Attached Files
File Type: zip leach12 002.zip (694.9 KB, 321 views)
Old 26th June 2010, 09:02 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

ok please count me in for 4 boards ....i may as well pay in advance

thank you
Old 26th June 2010, 10:34 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Yeah I'd get 6 boards for sure, so that puts us up to 20. 1/5th the way to 100 hah...

Both those boards look fantastic! I hope we can get enough together as I can see this amp being in my reference system.

Last edited by Dougie085; 26th June 2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 26th June 2010, 01:09 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I would do 6 boards as well. I'm excited because I missed the last group buy.
Old 26th June 2010, 01:56 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to JensRasmussen Send a message via MSN to JensRasmussen
Default Small change to schematics

Hi,

I have made one opdate to the schematics:
The zener diode supply in the input can now be configured to either refer to signal ground or power ground.

\\\Jens
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Leach ver 1.05.12 Sch.pdf (48.5 KB, 299 views)
Old 26th June 2010, 02:04 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

please count me 6 boards

Hide this!Advertise here!