• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Semisouth JFET GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't decided whether no paypal is a deal breaker for me or not. Bank transfers are a PITA as far as I am concerned and they are expensive, more so that paypal fees (for domestic transaction, no idea on foreign). The expense has to be born by each and everyone.

I think maybe some of us should consider consolidating payment through paypal to be sent via wire to Morten. One bank transfer is cheaper than multiple. Who wants to be the market maker?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
boyz - I'm not trying to be on Metaldanske side ... (even if I am fer sure - his effort is worthy here) .........

what I want to say - just imagine what overall efforts in this GB are , comparing to usual trouble of tube boyz , when they're willing to find precious bulbs ?

in this case - with little trouble - you'll have indefinitely lasting bulbs .....

I remember - in time when Papa blessed my adventure with Babelfish J pcbs ... I scavenged every bloody 2SJ109BL around the globe ..... all that still behind Serbian/European Iron Curtain ; with freshly made Paypal account , based on bank account in Hungary ......

well - I was good 1 beer and 1/2 pizza for each pair of pcbs and pair of 2SJ109's ........
in fact - even less , counting just 1/3 of my troubles to find 7-legged critters ..... but I think that hassle was worth it ....... some of greedy boyz had their Aleph J in all glory .

so - leave Magura in peace - he forgot to say in advance that bank transfer is preferable over Papadilipy ...... so what ?

nobody knows how he really solved all possible complications to obtain these newest Papacrumbs ........

edit:

WTF - I AM on Metaldanske's side .

Last edited:
I haven't decided whether no paypal is a deal breaker for me or not. Bank transfers are a PITA as far as I am concerned and they are expensive, more so that paypal fees (for domestic transaction, no idea on foreign). The expense has to be born by each and everyone.

I think maybe some of us should consider consolidating payment through paypal to be sent via wire to Morten. One bank transfer is cheaper than multiple. Who wants to be the market maker?

Great idea.

Magura :)

I don't take for granted the effort of Morten. I thank him for it.

I am just dissapointed by lack of paypal acceptance. Europeans are used to wiring money between banks from my understanding. Its us Americans (and presumably Canadians that are reluctant to do so). I looked it up and my bank charges $30 to wire to Denmark. That is an 8% fee, and if I were only ordering 2 or 4 that might be a deal breaker. That is all I am saying. Last time I did an int'l PP transaction I recall the fee was 4% and dependent on the amount rather than a flat fee.

Joined 2006
Paid Member

I will be in for a combo wire transfer, but prefer not to run point on this one.
It's not Morton's fault, it's ours. They charge a lot for transfers here. I looked, its 30-40 for a international wire transfer. I have to do it in person which is also difficult given my work circumstances, were I work 70 miles away from the bank..

I wonder if the Post office offers some lower cost international check or money order. Some reason that's swimming around my head.

I doubt that thanh meant that he didn't appreciate the work that went into this, but rather the fact that there was no mention upfront about the requirement of (not the preference for) a bank wire transfer.

Consolidating payments stateside and having someone in effect broker the transaction via PayPal in order to limit the wire transfers just exposes that nice person to the risks that you guys want to avoid. Not much of an idea, I think. - Pat

PS - I'll gladly buy you guys a beer any time. :) I just don't relish the idea of buying the banker a case of beer.

EDIT: thanh beat me to it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.