• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Sowter 10K:10K Input Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I declared my interest earlier. It would be great if which ever brand we agreed upon required the least amount of tweaking of the input side of the circuit. SY has so kindly done that work for us as documented in the article.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Ryan

So, just got of the phone with Cinemag :) Looks like the magic number will be 50 transformers. They agreed to let us mix and match the PCB and wire leaded versions, as long as we stick with the single shield. I think this is a reasonable request. At this quantity, the prices will be:

$36.20 each for wire
$38.28 each for PCB

plus shipping to me and then shipping to you. Lead time is about 3 weeks.

I also heard back from Sowter. They will let us mix and match the PCB and leaded versions at a 12% discount if we reach 25 pieces. This turns out to be approximately $57 each, including the PCC wire upgrade and slightly less (?) for the wire leaded version. I am willing to do a group buy for these as well. I'm not sure the lead time or shipping, but I will clear this up when we have firm orders.

All this to say, this is where we're headed.

My process for group buys is quite simple. Once we get commitment at the above quantities on the Wiki (50 Cinemags and 26 Sowters) I will begin accepting money for the transformers and then place the order. Once I receive the transformers, I will purchase postage and packing supplies and then send you an invoice for this (exact) amount. Once I receive a second payment, I will ship your units out. Some people get bent out of shape for the 2 payment scheme, but I feel this is the best way and most fair way to do things. You will get charged exact shipping.

As a side effect to this scheme, I don't profit a dime out of doing this. :) If you want to donate a few dollars, that's fine and it will go straight to my wife for putting up with yet another group buy (still haven't told her yet) :)

Thanks again!

Here's the wiki page:

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Input+Transformer+Group+Buy+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.