• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Sowter 10K:10K Input Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
panomaniac said:
Last week I was about to buy 50 custom 1:1 transformers from Bud. I ran into some technical snags (nothing to do with the transformers) so have put it off.

But I see at least 12 pair requested here, or about 1/2 of what I was going to buy.

If what I want and what you want are the same, it may be a good deal for all.

We'll ask Bud.

yes, I agree. Let's see what we can do to work together. Can you post the specs that you have requested for your 50 transformers?

Hi all,

Sorry for the flood of questions but I thought this would be a good place to ask.

I'm interested in the usage models for these transformers. Would I be able to use one at the input of a pre-amplifer to allow easy switching between single ended and balanced sources?

If I did that, what design considerations do I need to pay special attention to? Purely source/load impedance matching or anything else?

What would be an appropriate load for the transformer?

Thanks.

panomaniac said:
But I can ask here. Other than 1:1, what are the specs? What's the usage?

My transformers were spec'd for DAC output.

These are for line input which is a totally different use, and transformers appropriate for one place will not be appropriate in the other.

Here's the datasheet: http://cinemag.biz/line_input/CMLI-15-15B.pdf

Also, numbers may not add -- I am in for the Cinemag GB, but if the GB goes with a different vendor, I'll likely opt out and buy my own Cinemags unless I can be convinced that something else is better.

dsavitsk said:

These are for line input which is a totally different use, and transformers appropriate for one place will not be appropriate in the other.

Here's the datasheet: http://cinemag.biz/line_input/CMLI-15-15B.pdf

Also, numbers may not add -- I am in for the Cinemag GB, but if the GB goes with a different vendor, I'll likely opt out and buy my own Cinemags unless I can be convinced that something else is better.

Sorry for the slow reply guys. Yes, I think we will go ahead with the Cinemag group buy. I need to contact them with one more question, but haven't been able to get to it this week.

Since panomaniac is already interested in 50 units from Bud, we may be able to tack a few items onto his order, but I have a feeling that the majority of the people who posted in this thread are still interested in Cinemag.. certainly enough to hit the 50 unit mark. When I contact you, I'll clarify whether or not your interested in the other option and we can go from there.

Sorry for the delay.

ok, all e-mails have been sent. I could not contact the following people, please turn on your e-mail or contact me:

av-trouvaille
TheShaman

I'd like to place the order on 3/30/09 at 8:00AM CST, so this is the deadline. If anyone else is interested, contact me and if it's before the deadline I will accommodate you. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

ok, here's an update:

The following people are paid. I'll update the wiki at some point and add a column for the bushings, but for now just verify that this is correct and let me know if there are any errors:

grawk (2, wire, no bushings)
jimt (2, wire, with bushings)
wirewiggler (2, PCB)
coulomb (2, PCB)
Scott Stansbury (2, wire, no bushings)
JoshK (6, wire, with bushings)
BDP (2, PCB)

TheShaman, gagnou you have e-mail

av-trouvaille still need to make contact with you!

gagnou said:
Haven't received your e-mail yet.
Regards,
George

ncmettalia said:
waiting for your reply on the subject I asked about

do either of you have another e-mail account you can use? For some reason, hotmail / windows Live has blocked my ISP. I tried e-mailing you from my work account and assumed that had gone through, but perhaps not. Perhaps check your spam folder for that second e-mail?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.