• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ezDAC Group Buy Interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SWDick said:
Is there a chance you include more than one SPDIF input on the board?
I'd like to build a digital preamplifier:
- 2 or 3 digital inputs (for DVD player and satellite rceiver)
- 2 analog inputs
- volume control

Not at this time. I don't want to muck around with a design that I know works right now, and it would take too much time/money/effort for me to debug such a change. I would suggest purchasing the S/PDIF switcher from Twisted Pear - or one of number of other suppliers that has that type of thing.

1st class shipping to UK is a few dollars.

TimmyMac said:
I'm in for a board. How soon can they be ready?

As soon as we have the required amount of boards to be ordered, as soon as payments have been collected, as soon as our freind has ordered the PCB's, waited for them to arrive, found the time to package them up then found the time to take them to the post office and then as soon as the postal service can get them delivered to you :)

rhysh said:

As soon as we have the required amount of boards to be ordered, as soon as payments have been collected, as soon as our freind has ordered the PCB's, waited for them to arrive, found the time to package them up then found the time to take them to the post office and then as soon as the postal service can get them delivered to you :)

Actually, it may be sooner. :D It looks like there is definitely enough interest. So, my plan is to order the boards this weekend. I will take it on faith that people who expressed interest will want the boards, and anyone who doesn't get in at this time, will just pay a bit more. In other words, it will be to your advantage to get the boards now, rather than wait, because I'll probably raise the price to $25 after the first 25 boards are gone.

Once I've obtained the boards (in the next couple of weeks, or maybe less), I'll put instructions for payment and all that here (and on my website).

rhysh said:

If you have a steady hand, it will be fine. I did a DAC as my first SMD experience and it worked fine. And that was with quad packages.

My first one worked, but it took me several attempts after that (and a toaster oven) before I got the next one to work. In the interest of full disclosure, I just want to make sure people understand this is not a beginner project. I'm sure you understand that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.