• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ezDAC Group Buy Interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
[QUOTE :Did you end up using caps that were larger than they were called for?]

I followed the BOM of ezkcdude. I think he needs to update the BOM for the appropriate parts that will fit or else it would end up the same to the picture I attached earlier.

ezkcdude, can you show a picture of the back side of the PCB with parts soldered on it. Just curious how it looks.

Thanks,

Fred

fitting caps

Much nicer. Ok. So just a matter of selecting the right parts. Good enough. Has anyone put together a corresponding BOM with Mouser/Digikey (or similar) part numbers which are current?

EZ: how many boards have you counted up so far? How many do you need to get? Is it time to start a Wiki page? (I am in the middle of a revC group buy [kitting as we speak...], and we used the wiki which was a good way to keep track.)

peter

Re: fitting caps

schro20 said:
Much nicer. Ok. So just a matter of selecting the right parts. Good enough. Has anyone put together a corresponding BOM with Mouser/Digikey (or similar) part numbers which are current?

EZ: how many boards have you counted up so far? How many do you need to get? Is it time to start a Wiki page? (I am in the middle of a revC group buy [kitting as we speak...], and we used the wiki which was a good way to keep track.)

peter

Well, the more boards that are ordered the cheaper they will be. I'd like to place an order of around 50. I don't know how to do a Wiki, but I'll try to keep tabs in the OP when I get a chance.

fredlock said:
If it's only $5 a piece, sign me up for 2 boards. I have to redo my mesh up board for smaller caps.

Fred

Not $5 a piece. I said it was roughly $5 for shipping to Netherlands.

The boards will be $12, if I place an order of 50. Otherwise, the price may be either less or more. Hence, the need for an "interest thread".

Also, I think I should make it clear that this is not an easy project. It involves a lot of surface mount soldering. Expecting to get it right with one board may be naive, if you don't have a ton of experience. On my last build, I actually used the "toaster oven" method, because I was having so much trouble with my soldering. I had built something like three non-working boards before that. OTOH, the first ezDAC prototype I ever soldered worked on the first shot. YMMV.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.