• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you want the led to indicate power on or do you want it to light up the room??? :D

20mA sounds like A LOT if you are using normal leds, but perhaps you have a special one. Try with 10k soldered very lightly and then switch to something else if you are unhappy with the brightness.

I have sent all the us orders yesterday and I found out that I could just order the cn22 forms, so when they arrive, I'll be able to ship the few remaining orders.

I still have more boards available.

BTW: I have had problems with my server the last 10 hours due to someone pressing the reset button :bawling: on the router at my hosting service place (underneath my father in-law's desk...), but my mail and website is running smoothly again.

Do you want the led to indicate power on or do you want it to light up the room??? :D

20mA sounds like A LOT if you are using normal leds, but perhaps you have a special one. Try with 10k soldered very lightly and then switch to something else if you are unhappy with the brightness.

Yep, 20mA is what the specs. are for the Blue LEDs I am using, no, I'm not trying to light up the room. :spin: :rolleyes:

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, it's a secret, but I'm doing something special on the front panel with them.
I'll post a pic when its done.

BTW, Willing to ask foolish questions I don't know the answers to, here's todays

Where exactly do I connect the test leads from the multimeter at startup?
One set to the +/- of the speaker output terminals and the other set to (Each side of R12?) or is it between R12 and something else??? Duhhhh

Thanks,
Ron

You want to measure the current through the mosfets, which is most easily done by monitoring the voltage drop over R12, so YES, you connect the meter to both ends of R12. (and R11 later)

Thanks Chris, that's what I thought. Always good to be sure and ask thou.

Ron

Jackinnj,
Sorry to hear about your crunch, I hope you are recovering quickly and completely. Been there myself.....not fun.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, When you say 1 per channel do you mean one for each output device or one for each channel being left and right.

I am concerned that they may be a little small being only 8" wide

I would rather have "overkill" than "overheat" :D

I hoped you would say that! ;)
I meant two for a stereo amp, but you will be close to the margin, I think. So make a nice box with four.... :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.