• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Like to try removing the current limiting now for comparison. Is it simply a matter of replacing R17,19,20 and R18,19,20 with wire link?
Thanks.

I'm glad you asked before trying that.... ;)
No, if you want to remove the current limiting, all you need to do is to pull out Q5 and Q6. If you want to remove more components, you can also remove R17,19,21 and R18,20,22 , but that will have no impact.

Christian,
I'd be proud to buy you a beer (import) :drink: at Burning Amp this year as a small way of saying "thank you" for making this Group Buy possible and posting a fine PDF on how to wire up an F5.

Ron

Hi Renron,

It was very nice to meet you at the BAF and thanks for the beer! :drink:

The F5 I brought to the show had only played for a few hours, but this circuit has always been so nice to me - never any hiccups! :cool:

I have attached a photo Vladimir took at the show while the crowd listened to a tube amp and looked at my F5 powering up.:flame:

144197d1256110625-burning-amp-festival-audio-happening-cvilers-f5.jpg

Glad to "buy you one", It was a pleasure to meet you in person.
You took the kidding about your plywood amp very well! It did sound great, I had a wonderful time at BA3 and understood some of what was said by the guest speakers.
Christian it was indeed a pleasure to meet you, and thanks for the offer of troubleshooting my F5, at this point I'm sure Steve has it handled, he's pretty sharp. Thanks for the offer though.

Vlad, I appologize again......................you know what I'm speaking about.
Thank you for the generous offer with you business card too.

GREAT PEOPLE All of us!

Hey, who brought the give away goodies? Was it Nelson again? NHT had the speakers and some drivers, but who provided the chips and Caps?

Ron

You can buy the boards here:
GB order page for cviller

and the components you can buy at tech diy:
Tech DIY Company Store

But you will also need some heatsinks and psu components.

W.A.
You will be extremely pleased with both purchases, go for it.
P.S. Take it from me. ask LOTS of questions before you make a mistake and have to buy new parts.............Thanks Christian........Jackinnj

Ron

Internal Wire Selection

I have just about aquired all the necessary parts to start my project, all I need now is the internal wire for the amp.
I am curious as to what the group is using for the different connections..
What quality and gauge for:
1)DC supply wires
2)signal input wire
3)output wire to the binding posts

I have ordered premium parts like riken and caddock resistors so I don't want to skimp on the interconnect wire!!!
So what's every one using??

I have used gauge 14 for power and output and normally I use coaxial for inputs, but that is a matter of preference and grounding scheme. I have also used 2.5mm^2 wire for the power connections. 2.5mm^2 wire is a tiny bit smaller than 13 AWG so I suppose you can use 13 too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.