• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

HV Shunt Regulator PCB

Heat issue on FET

hello again! ?
planning to run this with 75mA@410-420vdc to 300B b+
have discussed the implementation of this reg. on a Norwegian forum, and there has been suggested that heat dissapation from the FET might be an issue;
would a possible solution be to parallell 2 FETs, to bring the heat down on each?
could no 2 be "mirror fixed" on the underside of the pcb with it own heatsink?
opinions anyone?
best
Leif

PCB received today. Only 18 left. Send me an email if interested. Thanks.

Attachments

• Pcb_hv_2012.jpg
    Pcb_hv_2012.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 584
Hi.
I was hoping someone could help me trouble shoot this circuit ?

The board passed the 15V only tests fine. When I apply the HV, things go pear shaped.

I followed the test steps.

When I power on, I get no voltage reading across R12 (it's supposed to be 250mV). Furthermore, adjusting R3 does not alter the VReg.
After poking about with my multimeter, I got the following readings at the opamp :
pin 2 = 7V (fine)
pin 3 = 1.2V (wrong !!!)
pin 6 = 0.9V (correct for mostfet shunt)
pin 7 = 10.6V (correct)

Checking other voltages, the voltages immediately after T2 are way low. RAW DC coming in about 300V, but after T2 the voltages are 65V.
What should the initial position of R3 be ? The documentation has no mention of a default value ...

A big but though ... For about 5 seconds after initial power on, everything looks like it's going to behave, with realistic voltages at the outputs, but then they suddenly drop.

If there's any more info you require, let me know.
I'm at my wits end !