• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Amp PSU Board (for e.g. LYNX Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Group Buy Update

I apologize for the delayed update. I have been really busy with work for the last couple of weeks. I hope it will let up soon.

The price for each board without shipping or Paypal fees is: $18.00.
If we get to 200 boards, I will check the pricing again and post the new prices. I would expect them to go down a couple of dollars or so.
Can someone start a wiki for this group buy to keep everything organized?

Thanks all for the interest.

peranders said:
2 oz. means 70 um thick copper. My supplier doesn't charge extra for thicker copper. All my boards have 55 um copper and the "power boards" have 95 um copper.

peranders said:
I just mentioned that my pcb manufacturer uses 70 um base material and plate 25 um copper (=95 um).

Thanks for clarifying that... it was not obvious (at least not for me) what you meant by 95um copper. :scratch:

peranders said:
70 or 95 micrometer copper means 0.070 or 0.095 mm thick copper traces. 70 um is the same as 2 oz. per square foot if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, I believe this is correct. My confusion with your posts was related to the thickness of the base material vs. the thickness of the actual copper traces.

The PCB shops I worked with offer various thickness of FR-4 and at least 3 different copper thickness (1, 2 and 3 oz.)
I typically go for 2 oz boards. I have used 3 oz. boards once... difficult soldering experience.

Thanks again!

Low price would be used to indicate that, if the quantity reaches 200 and the price drops, then how many boards are you willing to buy. Unfortunately, this is a bit of a work in progress. Once Donovan nails the pricing, the wiki will be updated.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.