TABAQ TL for Tangband

I looked through this post, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Is there a "generic" BSC value?
I built the cabinets, but with a removable baffle so I could try different drivers. I've been playing with the Dayton Audio PS95-8 and the AuraSound NS3-193-8A. They both sound great as long as I have them against a wall, more so with PS95. If I include a BSC filter, I'm thinking it won't be as critical to have them against the wall.
Am I thinking correctly?
Thanks,
Mike

Kind-of but not really....
mh-audio.nl - Home

I believe that you can get it close enough using formulas such as on that site. Though if you then place the speaker hard against the back wall, you'll probably have rather too much bass and midbass up to the BDL/BSC frequency. Ideally you'd have the option of bypassing the BDL or invoking a "minor" one.

PS: This can be a lot easier if done digitally.

Oops, a quick search on eBay turns up nothing for the P830986 and the P830987.

China won't let me buy stuff from them because they are fighting Taiwan on the independence thing...

Ouch, that's sad. Anyways, for those interested i bought from this Aliexpress seller, it didn't arrive yet but the reviews suggests it's the real deal. At $40 a pair and $65 for four it's a steal.

the pair pair( 2 pcs) peerless HIEND 3inch fullrange speaker free ship desk audio-in Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

4 pack 4pcs peerless HIEND 3inch fullrange speaker free ship desk audio-in Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Ouch, that's sad. Anyways, for those interested i bought from this Aliexpress seller, it didn't arrive yet but the reviews suggests it's the real deal. At $40 a pair and $65 for four it's a steal.

the pair pair( 2 pcs) peerless HIEND 3inch fullrange speaker free ship desk audio-in Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

4 pack 4pcs peerless HIEND 3inch fullrange speaker free ship desk audio-in Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thanks for the options and maybe great for some other members living around the globe, but again, since Aliexpress is from China, this is what I'm greeted with every time:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.44.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.44.30 AM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 636
Hello all,

I've got two pairs of Visaton FRS 8 M drivers and I've been lurking this post since a friend handed me those drivers a month ago :scratch:.

I've built a common TABAQ design I found in this page. Unfortunately, the end result was not what I had hoped for, nor what I had expected. I did not use any baffle step filter since the built wasn't intended for generic use :).

Anyway, can I use those drivers to build this TABAQ design? Could anyone tell me another TL design I could make with those drivers?

Thank you :hbeat:

I've played with fitting the ND105 into the Tabaq and running it as a 2way with maybe a Dayton ND series tweeter, 20 or 25 variant of some kind. I also increased the height to 90cm.

In order to obtain a "plateau" that didn't shelve downwards towards the bass, I had to move the driver significantly lower. Or accept that when stuffed I'd have a nice 40-45hz bass with a low scoop response in the 50-80hz range.

This is the current model with (I think) heavy stuffing.

Screenshot%202016-08-11%2000.58.25.png

It would be interesting to see if it bears any resemblance to other simulation tools.

J.

Last edited:
I just completed a pair of these with the Dayton Audio PS95-8. Saying I'm impressed is a vast understatement! Thanks for sharing Bjorn!!!
Now... as an compulsively addicted DIY'er, I have an idea, which comes with a question. I don't know if this is even reasonable or feasible, but here goes. Would it be possible to make a "double TABAQ" in a vertical fashion? I know I've seen something about making a "double TABAQ" with the same vertical dimension, but I'm curious about changing the height, since I think it might be critical. I think a tall TABAQ might look impressive. Plus I wouldn't mind bringing up the sensitivity a little since I might gift a pair of these along with a small T-amp or class D amp.
Just wondering about options... and gifts.
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• 20160807_195116_1470945158247_resized.jpg
    20160807_195116_1470945158247_resized.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 593
  • 20160807_195131_1470945159881_resized.jpg
    20160807_195131_1470945159881_resized.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
"I see no pics"

MikeJennens
As regards a taller Tabaq, and a more sensitive one, it's difficult.... The Dayton driver isn't insensitive. It's also small enough to produce a reasonable top end. You could go to something like a FaitalPro driver 3FE22? But you'd need to prop up the bottom end of the frequency response with a woofer (or 2). Possibly you could insert a couple of 4" woofers firing sideways out of each enclosure?

"I see no pics"

MikeJennens
As regards a taller Tabaq, and a more sensitive one, it's difficult.... The Dayton driver isn't insensitive. It's also small enough to produce a reasonable top end. You could go to something like a FaitalPro driver 3FE22? But you'd need to prop up the bottom end of the frequency response with a woofer (or 2). Possibly you could insert a couple of 4" woofers firing sideways out of each enclosure?

Thanks Jerms.

I give up. Will the site manager please send me the directions for attaching photos. I seem to never have any luck doing so.

When you click on the reply button, the screen for typing in your reply pops-up. Scroll down to the next block, "Additional Options" and you'll see a box titled "Attach Files." Click on the "Manage Attachments" button. From there, you'll need to browse to the image(s) and select.