Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

VP looks good, is there a speaker in US that is a reasonable price that work well in VP cabinet?, had trouble exploring this combo several years ago.

assume you mean Voigt Pipe (or derivatives thereof) ? - and since this query is posted in the "Full Range" section that you were thinking of single (or discretely assisted wide band) driver - any particular size you had in mind?

to trot out the familiar, there are any number of candidates by Fostex, Mark Audio, TangBand et al that are available for reasonable prices in US

assume you mean Voigt Pipe (or derivatives thereof) ? - and since this query is posted in the "Full Range" section that you were thinking of single (or discretely assisted wide band) driver - any particular size you had in mind?

to trot out the familiar, there are any number of candidates by Fostex, Mark Audio, TangBand et al that are available for reasonable prices in US

Yes, I have been looking for Voight Pipe driver around 6" (hopefully with good efficiency to drive with my t-amp clone). Sorry for stealing the thread.

Yes, I have been looking for Voight Pipe driver around 6" (hopefully with good efficiency to drive with my t-amp clone). Sorry for stealing the thread.

gee, gy, you might wanna practice typing voigt without the H, or risk the wrath of Scott et all

what power level are we talking about?

with any more than 15w, the first two drivers that come to mind would be either the Alpair 12 or new FF165WK

I'm sure the flexibility of tuning available to the VP topology could accommodate either of these

what about a BOFU in one of these (adjusted dimensionally)?

I actually tried sometime ago, but apparently it didn't turn out well in the "standard" size, especially vent was really off and I used OSB (not ideal as the cabinet. Even with tweeter (which work well with B20). I ended up tearing up the cabinet.

I think it would work well in proper dimension, but I am not the scientific guy to figure it out.

Attachments

• 12-1-200910-30-30AM.jpg
    12-1-200910-30-30AM.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,739
I actually tried sometime ago, but apparently it didn't turn out well in the "standard" size, especially vent was really off and I used OSB (not ideal as the cabinet. Even with tweeter (which work well with B20). I ended up tearing up the cabinet.

I think it would work well in proper dimension, but I am not the scientific guy to figure it out.

thanks.

probably just need 50% more internal cabinet volume for BOFU. it seems that BOFU needs about 2-4 ft3 volume.

how did it sound with vent sealed?

They are 3/4" birch ply from Home depot. the front face has birch veneer to hide the plywood edges but the rest of the joints were mitred so I could simply stain the plywood.

* Used 220 grit with an orbital sander on all surfaces

* Applied 2 coats of Watco Danish Oil (Dark Walnut). Coated with a foam brush, wiped off after 15 minutes with a rag.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

* applied 2 coats of Minwax Wipe-on poly. Coated with a rag
32796-01-200.jpg

* applied 1 coat of Minwax Finishing wax
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

* Buffed out to a semi-gloss finish using an automotive buffer

A step I skipped, was the pre-stain.

a66515ce13718f2204661ecc78e8.jpg

Without it, you get some blotches, but the wood takes the color a lot better...and i find the blotches add character.