Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Hello,

this is my Fullrange system with Visaton BG20 speakers.
They have very nice sound - very deep bass,
excelent middle and sweet trebble.
I am running it with series notch filter.
They don´t need tweeter.
The boxes are made from pine wood.

:D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hey nice speakers Alex ! You made me discover a new 17cm driver lol. Not too SPL limited by the 3mm Xmax ?

the sph-170's are not in active modul
they just giving a support in low frequency and low medium

Did you try using the SPH170 without the FE127 ?
no, but i try using the sph-170 with fe127e with 1Khz -12dB crossover,
but the low medium was too soft compared the fostex
therefore I cut the medium low possible, in order to benefit a maximum of the swiftness from the fe127e

google translation inside :D

Alex

To felixx: They are made from pine wood. I don't know, how to exactly say in English the type of wood, but it's made from 3cm thick pine-tree boards, planed to 2,5cm thick, glued to big desk and cuted to finaly size. I like to have all natural, so i think wood in good thick is the best :).

planet10 said:
FE127? BR?

dave

No they are FE126e in a 11.65 litre BR cabinet.The frequency response is 55hz-25khz.I wasn't sure these low QTS drivers would have any bass in a BR but surprisingly they do.I picked the 126e over the 127 solely on the higher sensitivity.These definately don't need a tweeter at all and the bass is very satisfying to me.

I would choose the FE127 over the FE126 for a BR enclosure. The 126 has a nasty little fr dip at ~150Hz and then a spike at ~85Hz, then falling to oblivion.
Plot shows this (11.5L box tuned to 80Hz):

Jeff

Attachments

• fe126_br.jpg
    fe126_br.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4,938
planet10 said:
Port details?

This one is going to go up on the box-plans page -- the 126 needed something simple in its box line-up.

dave

Hello Dave in the photo I hadn't drilled out the port hole but I have done it now and it is in the front with a 2" diameter and is 4-1/2" long.

one1speed said:
Did you find that the port helped things at all?

No not really if anything the speaker seems less effecient.The bass may go a taaaaadddddd lower but it isn't as defined as sealed.The speaker some how sounded louder sealed.I ordered another set of baffles to A/B which way sounds best in my room.The port is tuned to 60hz but in room I can get bass in the middle 50hz range.I also mounted the driver too high up the baffle which cause the Fe126e frame to get in the way with the speaker grill frames.I will mount the driver a little lower so I can use the grills.