Best Driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ummm I think that Massive Sub Assembly was designed quite a bit earlier than the Kleinhorns. You will be shocked to hear that the Pass principals have various different loudspeakers and systems :eek:

Merely as digression; Nelson had to devise build a Massive Sub assembly to fill the Keinhorns' lack of bass.

No matter .. as now both the ceo of Pass Labs and Nelson himself are using Tannoys in Jensen Imperial boxes... happily, they claim.
Now those are 2 guys who could certainly choose/use ANY speaker on the planet that they desire.
Mebe they have?

Recently I have used a Tang Band W5-2143. It measures very close to factory spec for frequency response - meaning it had superb reach into the higher registers and is quite flat in response. My only complaint with this driver are exaggerated Qts TS parameters. Measures closer to 0.47 rather than 0.38. So take note of that if intending to design the cabinet before receiving and measuring TS parameters yourself. If you can live with that it's a fine sounding driver.

Dear xrk971,

I would be very glad if you could share these measurements of W5-2143. At least, what was measured Fs? Do you have impedance and PHASE plots?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.