A Subjective Blind Comparison of 2in to 3.5in drivers - Round 5

Select the driver that sounds best to you.

• A

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • D

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • E

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • F

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • G

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If driver measured in room without special treatment is within 5dB that’s great. I have had my measurements come pretty close to Vifa/Peerless factory ones. Dayton is also very honest with their plots and sensitivity and TS parameters. I have found them consistently more accurate than other “higher end” brands. Even ScanSpeak drivers do not measure with as low of a Qts as they claim.

If you put mic 0.5m away and place speaker on stand greater than 0.5m and use 6 cycle FDW in REW, it gets pretty close to what it should be and looks like factory curves if they are honest.

If driver measured in room without special treatment is within 5dB that’s great. I have had my measurements come pretty close to Vifa/Peerless factory ones. Dayton is also very honest with their plots and sensitivity and TS parameters. I have found them consistently more accurate than other “higher end” brands. Even ScanSpeak drivers do not measure with as low of a Qts as they claim.

If you put mic 0.5m away and place speaker on stand greater than 0.5m and use 6 cycle FDW in REW, it gets pretty close to what it should be and looks like factory curves if they are honest.

Thanks for tips :) . What about TB graphs and TS's?

...Download pdf from link and you'll see yourself :) .

Doing that and then sensitivity numbers is spoiled in it looks decrease to 85-86dB area, below traced W3-665SC is overlaid with traced 10F/8424 datasheet which sensitivity numbers from factory is listed as 86,6dB and TB list their as being 88dB so its low 1mm Xmax stroke can start be a problem the less real world sensitivity goes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3000.PNG
    3000.PNG
    253.1 KB · Views: 787
Congratulation new deal and low costs are always welcome :) note linear stroke is now down at tiny 0,5mm. It looks like your taste is those stealth fighter looks, Dayton Audio RS100 and Visaton B80 have also that look but with much more stroke, but unfortunate costs is also higher.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.