Karlson

the KR5 Rocket in a way was the first klam - Karlson in 1961 had a letter to Poppe talking about an early 8 inch klam - - I'm guessing in operation the metronome shaped rocket above was rotated and mounted with a bracket to the ceiling rather than firing straight up. IIRC the cutting angles are typically six and twelve degrees for the Rocket style.

Here's the frequency response for my mini Klam. I get a strong peak around 600 Hz which I assume is the resonance of the front chamber. I may change the size of the front chamber to see if I can shift the peak to someplace where its less obnoxious.
hts6c8.jpg

cardboard might work for prototyping. If results seem usable then a wood or perhaps a diagonally sliced pvc pipe with wood wings would make a finished speaker. It might take a homemade miter box to to get a clean slice with pvc pipe. I'd like to hear the Phase 3 klam made out of 3/4" plywood rather than the original flexy particleboard.

one thing Carl mentioned was making little driver K tall out of pvc or cardboard tubing - I think the vertically oriented pipes were around 30" tall, driver angled as with regular Ultra-Fidelity type, a 2/3 height slot. I assume there was some sort of back chamber but maybe not - ?