Near full range BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator)

End of the BMR line

Hiya Guys,

Belated happy new year to everyone!

Update:
The last years beta testing of my Rapid Energy Decay (RED) drivers has been a great success...See the attached.
We have been using the DEQX for crossover / Eq, but our own DSP is almost ready.
It features 24 bit / 96KHz FIR and IIR processing for crossover, Eq, limiter & delay functions.
It has very comprehensive connectivity and full Pre-Amp functionality. Looking like first demo models available in April.

I just dont have time to launch a DIY kit site....Sorry!

Good news...I have no need for the last batch of top of the range 4.5 inch Neo magnet, Tymphany BMR's....Got about 26 left...PM me for details, first come first serve!

All the very best
Derek.
Custom Install Audio | Advanced audio equipment

Attachments

• SM15 monitors - Beta test..pdf
    955 KB · Views: 258
Outed!

Hi Brytt,

Not sure, I have got so much to do with the studios....

But, with Dolby Atmos / VR and 3D spatial sound now "the new black" I am aiming to introduce trickle down tech for consumer game / home entertainment once I have established CIA as state of the art studio brand....Maybe 2018 I will have a cool DSP toy for you guys!

By the way, now that Brytt has "outed me" as a closet FO beta tester....

For god sake all you DIY fence sitters ...Got off your lap tops, buy the FO modules and get building!!
Andrej is the real deal....Stop messing about, Andrej FO amps are the best buy / ultimate bang for the buck I have ever heard.
Even if for commercial reasons I choose another option, for DIY, there is nothing else that comes close...NOTHING!!
Hope this helps everyone, members and commercial guys.
Cheers
Derek.

Another one pair of BMR bookshelf speakers :cool::

Attachments

• IMG_3788_cr.jpg
    IMG_3788_cr.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_3789_cr.jpg
    IMG_3789_cr.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_3790_cr.jpg
    IMG_3790_cr.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 516

Attachments

• IMG_3807.JPG
    IMG_3807.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_3809.JPG
    IMG_3809.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_3808_cr.jpg
    IMG_3808_cr.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 709
I like that finish. Is that texture metallic?

I thought those BMRs were good down to 300Hz... you've got it sealed and much lower.
Heavy EQ?

Boxes have a multilayer coating: cork, rubber paint primer and finishing textured acrylic paint. The port is located at the bottom. Measurement is taken without EQ. The yellow chart is made with the support of the Ripol subwoofer.

BMR drivers seem to be using exciter technology or a cross with conventional cone driver designs...I believe its basically a exciter attached to a thin honey comb material with a rubber surround attached to a plastic frame....The videos I've listened to of BMR technology sound very similar to exciters/DML speakers......before BMR was known , I use to own Sony's APM square flat driver speakers in which I believe are very similar if not the same type of technology as BMR......I am ordering some BMR drivers on clearance for $6 bucks from PE to test them out.

Both the DML panels and the BMR drivers seem to both shine in the midrange/vocals but seem to lack the very highest of frequencies.....If you read the Cambridge audio reviews of there Aero speakers there reviews praise the quality of the midrange but also say they lack some of the top end frequency sound.

I bought the 2inch. Hi wave BMR on clearance for $6.00....they sound exactly like exciter/dml technology sound....I was tempted to sacrifice a bmr driver by taking it apart to see how it really works but havent done so yet...I had a 13mm exciter and tried to duplicate it by using a 1/16 inch basswood with cardboard in the front but with a bigger radiating surface of 4 inches compared to the bmrs 2inch....the 13mm exciter with wood and cardboard combo sounded very similar to the hi wave bmr's the only difference was the 13mm exciter sounded bigger and fuller due to the bigger radiating surface.

When I do decide to dismantle a bmr driver I will experiment and see how they sound on a bigger panel surface.