• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The pun may be lost on people who don't understand that "Japan" is a synonym for "urushi lacquer" but I think "Japanosaurus" might be fun, as it simultaneously points to both the urushi aspect and also the "Nessie" lineage.

Maybe Japanosaurus feastrex var. samuraii, brought to you by the scientists of Kurassic Park? :D

-- Chris

Final offering... not Japanese, but as English, or something used in English was requested, how about Triton? (see attached: one of my favourite submarines -made the first submerged circumnavigation & the only western submarine to have twin reactors).

Attachments

• uss_triton_ssrn586_0858601.jpg
    uss_triton_ssrn586_0858601.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 401
Seeing that sub reminds me of an incident commercial fishing.. When I was 15 years old I was working on a small fish boat (troller) , way out off the west coast of Vancouver Island (75miles or so out). It was a nice summer day and I was alone out in the stern cockpit going over the gear. Then all of a sudden about a hundred yards away a huge US sub surfaced, freaked the heck out of me but after I saw what it was all was ok.. I always wondered what if they had come up right underneath us as it was so close, kind of scarey stuff!! Dave:)

DaveCan said:
Seeing that sub reminds me of an incident commercial fishing.. Dave:)

Speaking of US submarines surfacing near ships (and a Japanese connection as well!), a few years ago a US nuclear submarine called the USS Greeneville surfaced suddenly without paying attention to what was above it, and crashed into a Japanese fishing ship (the Ehime Maru), sinking it and killing nine crewmembers. Unfortunately, it left the scene without attempting to help the survivors, otherwise there may have been fewer deaths.

So, it's a good thing that submarine didn't surface directly under you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehime-Maru

doorman said:
I don't see much in common between a killing machine, and (wonderful) transducer!

Sigh. As a naval historian, I couldn't resist the picture as she was really a very pretty boat. You, of course, will naturally relate the name to Triton, the son and messenger of Poseidon (God of the sea) in Greek mythology.

FYI, USS Triton was actually a radar picket vessel, and in practical terms a testbed for all kinds of interesting new technologies many of us currently benefit from today. Her combat capability was rather an afterthought, and owing to her size, always more theoretical than practical.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Audire Technologies, Sandeep Nair, D9e Type III

Sandeep,

Can you share the different cabinet dimensions and port alignments that Audire Technologies has been trying with the D9e Type III? How did each variation sound?

I expect delivery soon of a similar bronze pair with perhaps a different spider that Feastrex is now using.

Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated.

Kevin

Bunpei said:

Does anyone propose a good nickname of the exclosures?
Their producer, Mr. Tanaka, is wanting an English one.

I'm going to propose both an english word, and a more appropriate translation of it:

The buffalo, a mostly docile, yet powerful creature. Both elegant and strong. In the Lakota language, it is known as tatanka (sounds almost like Tanaka, doesnt it?). Another english word for it is bison.

wish whoever picked the name chosen got a free pair of drivers ;)

-Jared

RCA 811A Shishido type inverted interstage coupled SET amplifier

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The above is a prototpye of Feastrex's RCA 811A Shishido type inverted interstage coupled SET amplifier . . . since it is a bit off topic I decided to post the full details (as they are known to me now) at the following link:

http://puremusicgroup.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1222088758/0

-- Chris

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: RCA 811A Shishido type inverted interstage coupled SET amplifier

cdwitmer said:
prototpye of Feastrex's RCA 811A Shishido type inverted interstage coupled SET amplifier . . .

For an amplifier that is "if you have to ask you can't afford it" this amplifier has a disturbing number of electrolytic caps in it -- you'd think there should beclose to none.

dave

Attachments

• nt45ieue.jpg
    nt45ieue.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 472
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.