Who has the dirtiest office or lab?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everywhere I work looks like this in ten minutes...

notice the sewing stuff...

guess who it belongs to?

Mark my words. If you drop the soldering iron on the den carpet, you will be sent directly to the basement.

I think it may be forever.

Attachments

• p1010015.jpg
    p1010015.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 595
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi chipco3434,
Good start! You just need to get some more "stuff".

BTW, I like my basement. I've been banished for almost 20 yrs! :D It's quiet down here. Wife and kids rarely come down. I'm free to be a guy.

Hey, you know what's great? If my daughter brings home a boyfriend I take him down stairs. He get's into the guy stuff and the rest of my family is horrified. Usually the daughter will break up as soon as her guy discover's her dad has all kinds of cool stuff. I can hardly wait 'till they get married! :devilr: :devilr: :clown:

-Chris

Jason, the charge would be less than the shipping! If you were in the neighborhood I would tell you to have at it and wear glasses.

I usually don't "square off" my face plates and back plates. Generally, I will just debur the the sheared sides with a deburring tool, a file, and then finish with wet sand paper. This method is just as fast as trying to properly fixture a somewhat flexible plate in a vise or hold it with step clamps. A decent sheared edge is close to .02 mm on a 300/350 mm edge.

I will typicially use the mill for drilling & tapping the holes, and milling the IEC or some other feature. In this regard, the mill is great, but certainly not a necessity.

chipco3434 said:
Jason, the charge would be less than the shipping! If you were in the neighborhood I would tell you to have at it and wear glasses.

I usually don't "square off" my face plates and back plates. Generally, I will just debur the the sheared sides with a deburring tool, a file, and then finish with wet sand paper. This method is just as fast as trying to properly fixture a somewhat flexible plate in a vise or hold it with step clamps. A decent sheared edge is close to .02 mm on a 300/350 mm edge.

I will typicially use the mill for drilling & tapping the holes, and milling the IEC or some other feature. In this regard, the mill is great, but certainly not a necessity.

See i dont have any thing. no milling machine no drill or tapping stuff. but i would be willing to ship to you and pay for shipping maybe even throw something your way from zorby-audio :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.