Quite frankly I don't understand why different pads should sound different

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would this euphonics business suggest that if you made 2 amps using the same circuits, but one constructed point-to-point, and one using PCBs that the point to point amp would sound better? This has certainly been my experience with Vox AC30 guitar amps. (the same resonances transmitted to all the components would result in more audible colouration)

Perhaps there is room for a product that is a high damping factor PCB material. I have tried tapping the stuff with a screwdriver and it definitely resonates quite well, with a sort of pinging sound.

Another thing I have learned is that everything, absolutely everything has resonant properties, be it a mic cable or a power supply transformer. Lee scratch perry had his favourite mic cable which he kept wrapped in tinfoil and claimed had a special sound. Engineers called him mad, but he might have had a point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.