Which colored LED do you like as the "Power On" indicator?

Which colored LED do you like as the "Power On" indicator?

• Red

Votes: 82 18.0%
  • Green

Votes: 129 28.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 147 32.2%
  • White

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 30 6.6%
  • Violet

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 17 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used red, then switched to blue and had so many complaints that I went back to red.

If it's a two LED system with one power and one standby, I'll do white for the power and red for the "operate", simply because it's an instinctive "danger" colour that HV is there.

Cheers!

Speaking of blue LEDs...
In 1980 my boss went to an Electronic Ministry exhibition in Russia, it was closed from public because some new stuff was shown including those to be used by military.
There ware many new and excited developments, but some knowledgeable people were circling around a small very humble khaki colored military pult, with lights, knobs, buttons, dials, and tumblers.
The firm representative was very discreet; he did not answer most provocative questions, "Where did you get blue LEDs"?
So, they organized a banquet with lot of vodka, brandy, vine, and invited him to the party. When he was already drunk he took an oath from them to keep the truth...
The truth was, The Client's Representative won't listen about "Blue LEDs are not available in the world yet", he demanded to invent them!
So, they made tiny light bulbs with a blue glass instead....
Later, in 1981, I read in Wireless World through the whole page: "Eureka! Bluse LED!" :D

Speaking of blue LEDs...
In 1980 my boss went to an Electronic Ministry exhibition in Russia, it was closed from public because some new stuff was shown including those to be used by military.
There ware many new and excited developments, but some knowledgeable people were circling around a small very humble khaki colored military pult, with lights, knobs, buttons, dials, and tumblers.
The firm representative was very discreet; he did not answer most provocative questions, "Where did you get blue LEDs"?
So, they organized a banquet with lot of vodka, brandy, vine, and invited him to the party. When he was already drunk he took an oath from them to keep the truth...
The truth was, The Client's Representative won't listen about "Blue LEDs are not available in the world yet", he demanded to invent them!
So, they made tiny light bulbs with a blue glass instead....
Later, in 1981, I read in Wireless World through the whole page: "Eureka! Bluse LED!" :D

:nownow:

What? :eek:
29 years ago... :D
And the next year they've replaced that temporary lamps by real blue LEDs, no big deal.
But the design was at least one year ahead of time!

Now you can understand why Russian military stuff was ahead of time... Because Representatives of Clients did not want to hear that something is not invented yet! :D
I still use MLT resistors, they are the best.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.