Which colored LED do you like as the "Power On" indicator?

Which colored LED do you like as the "Power On" indicator?

• Red

Votes: 82 18.0%
  • Green

Votes: 129 28.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 147 32.2%
  • White

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 30 6.6%
  • Violet

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 17 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These can be made to self-count also, but you need a bunch of diodes and capacitors as well as resistors to make a ring-counter. Not sure how fast they'd count though.

No, Dekatron is a self-containing counter

dekcoup.gif

In 1960'th we used ordinary pens with replaceable tips, soaking them in an ink. Ball pens were forbidden, teacher believed that they damage style permanently.
However, when in University I used ball pens conspecting lectures, as fast as possible, my style become like a chicken paw graffiti... Our school teachers were right: ball pens damage style of writing permanently. :D

very clever circuit.

he is dutch ;p

would that circuit also work with individual neon bulbs for each cathode and trigger anode? to me it seems so with perhaps some minor adaptation.
one may build it longer even ;p

i also seem to recall seeing something about coupled relaxation oscillators, idk where now..

Last edited:
When I was really little, I was disturbed & perplexed by the spoken introducction to Britten's "Young person's guide to the orchestra", in which the narrator explained that I should learn to tell the "special colour of each instrument". I couldn't understand at all how I could tell what colour something was just by listening to it.

The other side of the LP (Peter and the wolf) was equally confusing. They said the wolf was portrayed by three horns. In all the pictures of wolves I'd seen, NONE had horns.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.