Luxman D-105u Transport Identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: Service Manual

es44 said:
For anyone who wants it i put i here: Lux D-105/107u
It's quite big, and my upload speed isn't too big anymore.
Hope it will be downloaded a lot of times :D

Best regards
Ebbe

Kavouras_13 said:
Hello guys,

i'm new here so i can't send email or messages...i need the service manual for Luxamn D 105U...it would be grat if anyone could send it to me:

donisandreas(at)hotmail.com

thx!!
Andreas

Andreas, Did you try the above link? It's still working and the manual you seek is there..

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: Service Manual Luxman D105D

Kavouras_13 said:
Hello Kevin,

first of all thx for your fast reply,

i try the link several times but it's not working ??:(

kind regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,
It doesn't seem to be working, comes up as a valid link, but no file is present. I will contact ES44 directly and ask him to email you about how to get the file.

Hello again,

just finished the adjustment i found another problem, one cog of the wheel, wich i responsible for the laser unit shift, broke and some times the laser stop and jump back...does anyone know where i can get substitute?

And one more question, does anyone know the remote control code of the player?

thx, kind regards

I will try to fix the wheel know...:)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Kavouras_13,
just finished the adjustment i found another problem, one cog of the wheel, wich i responsible for the laser unit shift, broke and some times the laser stop and jump back...does anyone know where i can get substitute?
Another like transport. Parts are N.L.A. and have been for a long time. You may find someone with parts if you are lucky.

And one more question, does anyone know the remote control code of the player?
That will vary with the make of universal remote.

Hi fxbill,
It is a 15 minute job to swap them out and no adjustments are needed.
That is completely untrue! You are not getting top performance out of your machine. You were also lucky it worked so well.

Just because something works does not mean it's working well or properly. If your offsets are out, the unit may work but overheat the driver transistors. The only thing that will not be out of adjustment in this case will be the laser power, as it is servo controlled and normalized.

I guess I am concerned that you stated something as fact that you have very little knowledge of. This type of thing is what makes the internet dangerous. It dilutes actual information based in fact and misleads many other people.

-Chris

Hello Chris,

thank you for your support. Unfortunatily it's not the wheel :(

I broke it down yesterday and i saw that the wheel is working, even with one cog less!

Some times the player is working perfect...i can play, i can search and and and...

Sometimes if i play a song the laser is jumping back, it plays again until the position it jumps and jump again back and if i use the search function the laser stuck :mad:

The adjustments are ok so far because when it's playing it sound great

I think something mechanical or the laser unit does'nt work correct

I order i new laser unit, maybe if i change it the problem will be solve

:)

I will write again after the change....next week because i have a business trip between!

Andreas

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Andreas,
i saw that the wheel is working, even with one cog less!
Okay, you still need a gear. Look for the broken bit getting jammed. It may be hard to see in the grease. What I do is take it all apart and clean the teeth with a toothbrush and some cleaning solution. Then I add the proper grease for the job.

Before changing the head, take the mechanism for the head movement apart. Clean the slide rails and relubricate it. Use a tiny amount of lubricant. The head should slide freely before attaching the rest of the mechanism.

I have a Luxman D-105u to rebuild. Once I'm in there, I'll be able to give you a lot more useful information.

-Chris

Hello renaudagnes,

it's no problem for me to screw down the front...but are they braze on the base or just stick on it?

thank you for your time...

i change the laser unit with a Panasonic TOPH 7833 but it's not working at all :mad:

so i put again the old one :D

if i put a new laser must i change the adjustments again?

andreas

Hello,

great website "renaudagnes" are you a Luxman expert?

I will change the tubes later because now i'm more than satisfied ;)

Thank you anatech,

i thought that i must change the adjustments...at the moment the player is working very good so i will not change the unit...i spend a lot of hours to make him play like now :D

Resume: The D 105U is maybe an older one but the sound is GREAT!!!

Andreas

No no, not at all. I am a Marantz Vintage expert...

A friend of mine let me the Luxman D107u for a while, because he was curious of my evaluation (I have a lot lot of gear, if I can post a picture you will see).

The D107u was not very good in term of musical production, despite a lot of technology, and the fact that analog stage is tube / transfo with no filter and no old AOP. For me the results were not enough, so I explained my friend new tubes are required.

My pure subjective evaluation, with two new matched "low cost" Electroharmonix is that we previously listen to only 10% of what the D107u is capable.

So, do yourself a favor : spend 50€ in two new tubes : it's another league.

And yes, my girl is cool, err... No I am not ill :clown:

IMG_6453.jpg

IMG_6452.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.