Where there are crystals to buy <10ppm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, no, no, no, no.......

The exactitude has nothing to do with it. You are not going to hear the difference if it is 10 ppm or 1000 ppm.

Only time it will be a problem is when you have a PLL on the RX end, like on SPDIF, and you have a VCXO with a very limited pull range. (As most do.) Then you have to worry. I think the Redbook standard is either 100 or 200 ppm. I could be wrong about the standard, but most VCXOs can handle that amount.

Forget about the damn ppm and concentrate on jitter. How many times do we have to say this?

Jocko

Even if your crystal is specified to +/-1ppm tolerance, it don't mean much once you put in into an oscillator circuit. There, the loading capacitance can push or pull the resultant frequency well off center.

Note, the xtal tolerance is only good at exact loading value. And like Jocko says, Redbook is +/-100ppm, so it's not a big deal. Certainly not a noticeable pitch change.

Manufacturers (hey, I'm one of them) often brag about useless specs. Customers can easily get caught up in a numbers game. It's not always easy to know what counts. For example, the orthognal reflection coefficient of the front panel of my linestage is 0.12 (12% +/-1%, depending on time of day). That's an extremely tight 1%.;)

jh

I have created east circuit. Still I have not proven it, If it generates a wave and if it has a good amplitude. Equal I must change the Jfet by others. The buffer I must verify if it does not have distortion. Equal change bjt of the buffer by jfets.

The frequency will be of 16,9344 MHz. It is a clock cdplayer that I will send to dac to synchronize it.

Voy a probarlo :smash:

Attachments

• reloj.gif
    reloj.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 656
This it is the circuit that I have simulated. Not if he is able to generate the oscillation.
As you can see the buffer generates a signal sine. This can in order that be due to the flights of currents of bjt and integration of conxx of base of bjt.
This buffer is of the type of logic 74HCU04. If it does not work or we will prove with jfets or mosfet.

Attachments

• esquema.gif
    esquema.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 495
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.