Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Some kind of nice wood on the sides; the only problem is fitting it, because of the bumps (if you take off the case you can see what I mean). I think being able to see all those nice parts and red lights is rather classy. I might go for the smoked version of the polycarbonate (that sounds like something in a soft drink). I can't even find a good source for this stuff here and it costs about three times more. Mind, I have first to get in back in one working piece!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Did I get the above wiring from the KI transformer correctly? The last time I use the above colour wiring on my CD67, the transformer get overheated and refused to work again.

Today I measure the AC output from the same KI transformer, seem like it is back in business. The violet and pink wires measure about 16VAC. Does anyone know the VAC measurement of all the wire before connection to the PCB?

Can any kind soul help me out with the wiring?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Above is the connection on the previous attempt, can anyone confirm whether the wiring is correct?

Looking at the PDF for KI, how do one connect the grey and pink wire? It does not direct to any U30X hole. Or does the circuit means short grey, pink and yellow into U309?

If someone can provide a pic of the connection from their 63KI, that would be most useful. A pic speaks a thousand words.

Thanks

Last edited:

Above is the connection on the previous attempt, can anyone confirm whether the wiring is correct?

Looking at the PDF for KI, how do one connect the grey and pink wire? It does not direct to any U30X hole. Or does the circuit means short grey, pink and yellow into U309?

If someone can provide a pic of the connection from their 63KI, that would be most useful. A pic speaks a thousand words.

Thanks

Green goes to U305
Violet goes to U306
Orange goes to U307
Red Goes to U308
2 yellows, grey and pink go to U309
Blue goes to U310
the other orange and the brown that will measure 3.4v AC approx go to U311 & U312 respectively.

Exactly whats on the service manual diagram :D