New Async XMOS 384K/32bit with PCM5102 DAC on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It may be defective or ...

GOOD Morning friend. Chance of crackling for up low latency settings DAc

What our cryptic friend is trying to say is that other processes and cards in a computer call for the CPU's attention. The USB DAC should be in the front row so it can quickly and consistently get the CPU's attention. This is low latency, the DAC doesn't have to wait a long time to talk to the CPU. If the DAC has to wait too long or too often: pops and crackles.

I just had trouble with a PCIe Wireless card that gave me occasional pops with a USB DAC.

... do you have a Wireless card?

I think the DAC is broken, too. I tried it out with my Linux mpd computer and with a Windows machine. Always pops and crackles. I have another DAC with a xmos chip (iBasso D7) that works fine and never had such problems.

So I have to send it back to China for refund. 30 Euro freight costs for a 80 $ DAC. A good deal! :mad:

I'm looking at the USB input only version of this board with a view to connecting it to a Curryman DAC in a desktop headphone amplifier. I want my main music source to be my smartphone; has anyone tried this unit powered by a separate power supply and fed from a smartphone? Phone is a Samsung and music is held as FLAC. I know you can do this with the more expensive units such as the WaveIO but I would prefer to spend less for this type of project.

Thanks

Ray

I think the DAC is broken, too. I tried it out with my Linux mpd computer and with a Windows machine. Always pops and crackles. I have another DAC with a xmos chip (iBasso D7) that works fine and never had such problems.

So I have to send it back to China for refund. 30 Euro freight costs for a 80 $ DAC. A good deal! :mad:

Where did you buy it? Ebay?

I'm thinking to get one, and your bad experience can help.:D

Hello,

I just purchased the new version but I can't select all the sample rates (just the ones in the picture). I can't see any 32bit modes and also missing are 24bit / 88.2kHz or 176.4kHz. Tried on 2 different laptops, same thing.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In the meantime I found how to select higher sample rates.

I just used ASIO output in foobar.

Thanks Sasha. I've no idea what happened with your emails, but I certainly couldn't find any of them. The only problem I've had before is that sometimes folks don't get the underscores right.

The driver is now downloaded, installed and working perfectly. Thanks again, it was much appreciated.

I bought this DAC 3 weeks ago via Ebay.
The shipping was quick and it sounded excellent but now,,, my PC (Win8.1) stoped to recognizing it, any LED light-up & no sound comes out. :(
I have used it for less than 30-40 hours.
PC can not find this DAC, so I can't reinstall Xmos Driver. so I think it was a simple BAD patch which I received. (No Chance!!!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.