Philips CD-960

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Andypairo said:
Hello Elso, how much do you think this DAC is worthwhile?

Cheers

Andrea

Hi Andrea,
You mean the DAC inside, as the CD960 is a CD-player?
The CD960 is built like a tank but circuitry looks very much the same as the CD650. I have experience with two CD650's and I find the CD931 much better as a transport. I don't use the built in Bitstream DAC though it is not very bad.
:confused:

Elso Kwak said:

Hi Andrea,
You mean the DAC inside, as the CD960 is a CD-player?
The CD960 is built like a tank but circuitry looks very much the same as the CD650. I have experience with two CD650's and I find the CD931 much better as a transport. I don't use the built in Bitstream DAC though it is not very bad.
:confused:

Sorry, I made some confusion... I meant DAC960

Cheers

Andrea

jean-paul said:
CD931 really is not well designed. There are several nicer machines between CD650 and CD931.

Positive is that CD931 has CDM9 which is quite OK. Now compare with an Arcam with CDM9 in it, you'll be surprised.

I have the Philips 950 and the Arcam Alpha 5+. Both use CDM 9 transports. IMHO, the Philips 950 is much better than the Arcam.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.